free website stats program I Remember when you could get, | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I Remember when you could get,

When my dad would give me $10 so I could go out for the weekend with friends (no such thing as an allowance or pay growing up on the farm). I'd make that stretch over 3 weekends (including gas and beer).

I remember getting 5 gallons of gas for a dollar (the gas station ran a special)! I was making $.99 an hour back then and was loaded with money.

i remember when cigs were .75 cents and a gallon of regular gas was .69 cents bazoka joe buble gum was a penny. a coke was .30cents and like what trikelady said 100.00 bucks would buy a trunk full of groceries, in the old square paper bags.

I remember in Colorado (in the 70's) you could drive with a open can of beer, as long as you wasn't drunk. Also remember (again in the 70's) there wasn't a Helmet law in California.

Gas wars, remember those. Dixie gas 0.19cents a gallon, right across the street, Rebel gas 0.18 cents a gallon. You could go to a movie, have popcorn and a drink for less than 0.50 cents, Ah yes "the good old days", but I was just 7

In the late 50's early 60's mom's food budget was $60 for a family of 4, and we ate well!

I remember going to the theater, Mom would give me 25 cents, 10 cents for the movie, 10 cents for popcorn and a nickel for a coke. To call Mom to get back home, pick up the pay phone, operator would ask, "number please". Give her your number and she would connect your call. My old phone number, 19. don't ask how I remember that.

Back