free website stats program Here's my Trike build | Page 35 | Harley Davidson Forums

Here's my Trike build

A true craftsman, always interesting reading and great pictures, did you get that rear suspension problem fixed?

A true craftsman, always interesting reading and great pictures, did you get that rear suspension problem fixed?

Its good for now. Ill be looking for some replacement shocks, automotive hopefully. The Hi-performance shocks arent necessary. I can feel the difference the anti-sway adjustments make. It feels a little tighter in the suspension when making a turn, than before when a turn felt like a cushy ride. It was comfortable, just didnt have the firm feel to it, as it does now.

zoood

I was putting the outer fairing back on. The older models are such a pain. When I went and checked my lights. I had one directional out. With closer examination. I found a broken wire. Im like oh man, now what? Do I have to remove the outer fairing again, just to find that other end of the wire and low and behold. There it was at the main connector for the passing lamps and head light. Phew! I'll fix that tomorrow and setup the ignition module. So we can take a ride during the 4th.

Its good for now. Ill be looking for some replacement shocks, automotive hopefully. The Hi-performance shocks arent necessary. I can feel the difference the anti-sway adjustments make. It feels a little tighter in the suspension when making a turn, than before when a turn felt like a cushy ride. It was comfortable, just didnt have the firm feel to it, as it does now.

zoood

Get your eye to eye measurement, then look for some coil over automotive shocks, try Monroe, Gabriel and KYB catalogs

I would also check with Progressive Suspensions for shocks also

Actually, the reason for limiting my search for the right sized shocks in the automotive field. Is that the shocks DFT utilizes are 100 bucks a pop. I had tried to cross reference their shocks with other brands and theirs is hi performance / racing shocks. The price range is 100.00 to 140.00 each. Automotive should be in the range of much less than 100.00. One thing about shocks. Ya cant expect good results if you only replace one. I need to replace all four. I just dont feel comfortable shelling out that much for shocks.

zoood

Update. I took the trike for a ride. The temps for the day were at 100 degrees out. With the new dakota digital oil temperature gauge allowing me to read more precisely as to what my oil temperature is before it goes through the oil cooler. Even in heavy traffic and such high temps of the day. My oil temperature stayed between 190 and 202. I have the Jagg 10 row oil cooler which is made in the USA and has a fan that pulls the air through the cooler. My 1st oil cooler was by Ultra Cool ( made mostly in China, which pushes air through the cooler). The Jagg works way better than the Ultra Cool. Another mod I did was replacing the stock coil springs in my front end with Progressive Springs. There is no more dive when I hit the front brakes. The wheel stayed more on the ground then before, giving me the assured feeling of more control by not bouncing on the uneven payment as it did before the upgrade.

zoood

Last edited by a moderator:
Update. I took the trike for a ride. The temps for the day were at 100 degrees out. With the new dakota digital oil temperature gauge allowing me to read more precisely as to what my oil temperature is before it goes through the oil cooler. Even in heavy traffic and such high temps of the day. My oil temperature stayed between 190 and 202. I have the Jagg 10 row oil cooler which is made in the USA and has a fan that pulls the air through the cooler. My 1st oil cooler was by Ultra Cool ( made mostly in China, which pushes air through the cooler). The Jagg works way better than the Ultra Cool. Another mod I did was replacing the stock coil springs in my front end with Progressive Springs. There is no more dive when I hit the front brakes. The wheel stayed more on the ground then before, giving me the assured feeling of more control by not bouncing on the uneven payment as it did before the upgrade.

zoood

Good to hear your trike is out and about again :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Where does that Jagg oil cooler fan pick up its power for the fan from?

Where does that Jagg oil cooler fan pick up its power for the fan from?

The best way to wire it up is to use a powered relay with a mounted sealed switch to turn it on and off as needed.

I attached a simple schematic pic below for your viewing pleasure

Attachments

• Schematic4.gif
    Schematic4.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 11
Back