free website stats program Here's my Trike build | Page 36 | Harley Davidson Forums

Here's my Trike build

The best way to wire it up is to use a powered relay with a mounted sealed switch to turn it on and off as needed.

I attached a simple schematic pic below for your viewing pleasure

FLTR2008TRIKE, could you change the numbers of the relay in your schematic to correspond with the real numbers on a relay? Using the numbers 87, 86, 30 and 85 would be very helpful.

zoood

For those that find after time your fuel cover rattles. This is a fix I did on mine.

A. Is the OEM rubber stops ( 2 places ), that work when the lid is new. However, over time C will become worn and allows this area to rattle where the lid comes in contact with the lower portion on the console when closed.
B. Is where I adhered a rubber "U" channel section (2 places). When the lid is closed. There is no more rattling.

483931_3839847632144_894870066_n.jpg

For those riders that would like to achieve this fix and dont have the rubber "U" channel on hand. It can be purchased at any HD dealership. It's about 3 bucks. It's called Trim Panel Edging and the HD pt# is 61648-85

zoood

Recently I added two drink holders by Kuryakyn. Most Ive seen are usually added to the handlebars. With all the mods I've done to my inner fairing. A drink holder would block my view and would add too much clutter. So I decided on the type that would mount to the saddle bag hand rails. ( which I utilized from the original saddle bags and used them for grab rails on the trike's body lid.) They are mounted out of the way from the passenger when they are mounting or dismounting.

418671_3851842572010_133365373_n.jpg

I like that they would hold just about any size and unlike the type I saw at the dealership. The cup holder part doesn't detach. As much as I didnt want to add drink holders. Holding a drink without one is not such an easy task. Especially since the only place is on the seat just in front of me.

This next picture is another view of the drink holder, mounted on the grab rail with the trike's body lid open.

252654_3851842332004_1648422512_n.jpg

zoood

FLTR2008TRIKE, could you change the numbers of the relay in your schematic to correspond with the real numbers on a relay? Using the numbers 87, 86, 30 and 85 would be very helpful.

zoood

I dont know how to insert numbers on the picture but I can list the corresponding #s on a relay

1= #86

2= #85

3= #30

4= #87

The best way to wire it up is to use a powered relay with a mounted sealed switch to turn it on and off as needed.

I attached a simple schematic pic below for your viewing pleasure

FLTR2008trike I went and relabeled your schematic so there's no confusion.

422183_3854828526657_1076432759_n.jpg

zoood

Recently I did a poker run here. About 150 miles worth. It has been brought to my attention by a few bikers (while squinting) that the large back wheels my trike has. Kicks up some serious road grit. Looks like the next addition/mod I will be building is mudflaps. Im thinking that it's not just the tires that are causing this, but also the turbulence from underneath the trike as well. So I'll look into extending the mud flap the entire width of the trike's rear.

zoood

Recently I did a poker run here. About 150 miles worth. It has been brought to my attention by a few bikers (while squinting) that the large back wheels my trike has. Kicks up some serious road grit. Looks like the next addition/mod I will be building is mudflaps. Im thinking that it's not just the tires that are causing this, but also the turbulence from underneath the trike as well. So I'll look into extending the mud flap the entire width of the trike's rear.

zoood

A buddy of mine was riding behind me when we got caught in the rain. He had to back way off from me because I was throwing some serious rooster tails of water off my rear tires as he put it....lol

Since then I have made some mudflaps for mine using a heavy truck mud flap purchased from NAPA, I then cut it to size to fit.

I also think the exhaust plays some roll to a certain extent on the small crap being blown up behind our trikes

Attachments

• Trike mudflaps 002.jpg
    Trike mudflaps 002.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 43
Well it looks like I will making another new modification/ change to my trike. I have 16" x 9" wide tires on the rear of the trike as of now. On the country paved roads where I live. From all the heavy trucks that run on it. Has made tire impressions in the pavement. On a particular day. I was caught in a down pour which filled the impressions on the roadway with pools of water. Operating a trike in a single lane. Doesnt give you an option of where you can run your tires. My front tire is the skinnier of the two choices that Avon's Venom tire company offers. The 21" tire cuts right through the water and hasnt ever hydro-planed. But the back beasts were subjected to riding in a puddle on either the right or left of the center of the road. I had to choose the right side only and to greatly reduce my speed. When my left tire hit the puddle on the left. It at times wanted to jettison my trike into oncoming traffic. The tires that are on the back, do have aqua groves in them and I suppose are fine on wet pavement. BUT NOT when the water has any depth to it. I was hydro-planing every time the back wheels hit water!

zoood

In the past on this build. I had lengthened the trailer tongue. I just couldnt get use to the trailer being back so far. For me it just didnt look right. I'll be loosing the tool box I added to the top of the tongue length. I'll be mounting the tool box internally within the trailer. With the shortened tongue length. The trailer will want to sway and not trail like it would with the longer tongue. But I'll be reinstalling the anti sway bar hook-up again. The picture below is how close the trailer was to the trike when I was in a Daytona Bike show.

188497_1723014712644_4174564_n.jpg

This next picture is how far away the trailer is from the trike.

563077_3413974105572_94069029_n.jpg

Zoood

Back