free website stats program Helmets | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmets

I wear a half helmet in the summer and a 3/4 helmet with shield in the winter. The extra protection from the weather is nice if you ride in the colder areas.

Had a old full face from the sport bike days but as someone else said, once I borrowed a 1/2 for the test ride on the fatboy I was hooked. Did end up getting a nice full face with the skull image screened on, do wear it when it gets cold out. Personally, I do feel I have much better vision and situtational awareness with the 1/2 (mostly due to the perferial vision - but there is something about feeling somewhat closed off from the surroundings in a full helmet).

I have a half lid for around town and when it is really hot. I prefer my modular full face helmet most of the time. I have a zox and a Fulmer and I like them both. Also the intercom and CB speakers are easier to hear with the full helmet.

I do not care how it appears to others, I just ride.
T

Locally I'll wear my 1/2 helmet. But for long runs on the interstate or trips, I'll wear the full face for the protection from windburn and chapped lips.

I always wore full face on all my motorcycles. I did so mainly because I was a jazz sax player for most of my years. Protecting my mouth and hands was a priority for me. Even though I've stopping playing gigs the last two years, the full face is still my helmet. ( also gloves all the time)..A habit I'm not likely to break after all these years. But YES..it is a personal choice and I am all for everyone making their own choice. My dad and I used to go to rallies against State helmet laws...and we'd wear our helmets. Personal choice and freedom to choose!.

I have a full face. I have been hit by few bugs that about took my head off, the face shield took the slim. I know they would have broken most sun glasses

I let the weather or the law dictate what helmet I wear, rain = full face, road trip in helmet law states = shorty, sunny day around the house (local)= NONE!

I prefer a full face helmet. I use one until the weather gets to hot. ie 95 or above. I have tried a 3/4 and felt it was a crummy compromise between 1/2 and full.

My 1/2 helmet is ok for summertime but here in the great state of TX we have a phenomenon called bugs. Some of those critters are large enough to really sting when they pop you between the eyes just about your goggles.

I don't give a poop what anyone thinks of my riding attire. I ain't pretty and at 59 definitely am not attracting the hotties like I used too. :lolrolling

Back