free website stats program Helmets | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmets

Check out the new HJC IS-2 model. This 1/2 helmet has a 3 1/2 inch semi-tinted visor integrated that retracts back up into the shell. Love this helmet as it allows me to hear approaching cages coming up from behind plus the great sound of the bike. Comes in Black, white, platinum, silver and matt black. Cost was around an even hundred including shipping from the helmet zone. My other helmet is a 3/4 HJC Harley-Davidson with flip up shield. A tad bit warmer on the cold days. I find myself using the IS-2 more and more. Good luck

i prefer not to wear a helmet at all but when i do i wear a half but wish i had a full face if i hit weather so as everybody has said its really personal pref.

Wife wears a full face. Won't ride without it. I wear a half majority of timr due to very warm summers. Trips I wear full face so we can use intercom.

Ride On.:D

Does any of you Lady`s or Gent`s wear a Full Face Helmet????

I had some guy tell me "You can`t wear a full face helmet if your going to ride a Harley" :lolrolling I see ton`s of people with full face helmets and there on a Harley.

Tons of people ride and wear what they like, and don't give a second thought to what others think.
Myself, I haven't worn a full face since I started riding with a shield. Now I go between a shorty and a 3/4 open face depending on the weather. My wife tossed her full face too and went with the 3/4. I modified my shorty to accept the HD headset.

I always wore 3/4 helmets, until I got the Deuce. I had an HJC and saw a picture of me with it on. Really didn't like the way that thing made me look like a cone head. lol
Was at a bike rally and saw an HJC 1/2 helmet and tried it on. Been wearing that ever since.
Now, for the last few years I've been reading about so many riders crashing and having head injuries that it started gnawing at me. Plus, I was getting real tired of the combined wind and exhaust noise at hiway speeds. So, 2 months ago I thought "the heck with what I look like" and decided try a full face helmet. Figured, if nothing else, it would keep me warmer thru the winter. I'll probably use the 1/2 next summer for work commuting and buzzing around, and switch to the full face for hiway running. Plus, the Chatterbox will work better in the full face.
Wearing a full face is not nearly as claustrophobic as I expected it to be.
The interesting thing is that I've only had it for 2 months and I've had several people say they like it and ask which one it is. (Shoei FR-1000)
The only thing that's mildly bothersome is that I get soft, hollow, echo at anything over 60mph.

One thing about a full face helmet...you can't enjoy that fresh cup of joe in the morning with it on, no problem with 3/4 or 1/2 helmet...so maybe convenience trumped the protection just a bit in my case...never said I did not have a few vices here in there. :devil

One thing about a full face helmet...you can't enjoy that fresh cup of joe in the morning with it on, no problem with 3/4 or 1/2 helmet...so maybe convenience trumped the protection just a bit in my case...never said I did not have a few vices here in there. :devil

Hmmm, never tried drinking a cup of hot coffee while riding my bike. That should be interesting. :s :D

When I bought my bike, I also picked up a Harley Davidson HJC Modular from the dealer. I got this helmet initially because I wear contact lenses and the wind usually gives them a fit!! I didn't care what it looked like, it was functionallity.

My wife, bless her little ole heart, didn't want a full face. She visited a couple of the local ricerocket shops and found a 1/2 helmet that had a visor, like the one mentioned in an earlier post, that slips up into the shell of the helmet. It's a Scorpion ISO 100, it comes in several colors and there are various color visors that you can get to go on it also.

The summers here in Southeast Georgia are treacherous!! Needless to say the Fullface I have gets extreemly warm when you are sitting on an asphalt road, in traffic, with very little breeze blowing. I would take it off, and I would feel like that guy on the DUI comercial, but with a helmet full of sweat!! So I went down to the local ricerocket shop and bought me an ISO 100 also. I LOVE IT!! It keeps the wind out of my contacts and it's fairley cool too.

It's not quite as lite as most 1/2 helmets, but you get the eye protection without the goggles. I would definately recommend it to anyone!!

Wayne:cheers

Notice a lot of posts of folks with more than just one.

I guess you start by finding one that fits and is comfortable, try it out for while, evaluate it's performance. I've got two but, after this, I may check out a 1/2 with the build in visor as a few have posted. Even at $100 to $600, that isn't much compared to some of the $$ you can spend on bling.

Back