free website stats program Helmets | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmets

cyborg

Does any of you Lady`s or Gent`s wear a Full Face Helmet????

I had some guy tell me "You can`t wear a full face helmet if your going to ride a Harley" :lolrolling I see ton`s of people with full face helmets and there on a Harley.

It is a choice, and yes full face helmet is preferred by those who do not like the noise, windblast and want protection to the chin area...matter of fact my gal prefers it. I for one have always used full face helmet, but when I got the Harley and rode it home with borrowed 1/2 helmet I just liked it better. Also, got a huge deal on a carbon fiber 1/2 helmet that I could not pass up, paid for goggles to go over my glasses, so we are both happy.

Full face helmet is safest, plain and simple...3/4 helmet next and 1/2 helmet the least. Both 3/4 & 1/2 helmets require goggles which offer better eye protection than just shield alonel. Let your personal preference be your guide as long as you wear A helmet...the single most proactive and effective thing a rider can do to prevent head injury without a conscious thought other than strapping it on.

It is a choice, and yes full face helmet is preferred by those who do not like the noise, windblast and want protection to the chin area...matter of fact my gal prefers it. I for one have always used full face helmet, but when I got the Harley and rode it home with borrowed 1/2 helmet I just liked it better. Also, got a huge deal on a carbon fiber 1/2 helmet that I could not pass up, paid for goggles to go over my glasses, so we are both happy.

Full face helmet is safest, plain and simple...3/4 helmet next and 1/2 helmet the least. Both 3/4 & 1/2 helmets require goggles which offer better eye protection than just shield alonel. Let your personal preference be your guide as long as you wear A helmet...the single most proactive and effective thing a rider can do to prevent head injury without a conscious thought other than strapping it on.

Couldn't be said any better NEWHD74FAN!! :small3d018:
Who cares what others think.:33:..Its your body, your life, and your CHOICE what type of helmet to wear! I personally wear a 1/2, but I tried the full face first, and to me it was "heavy", and took away alot of my perifial vison, kinda closterfobic feeling, so I went with the 1/2, but again, this WAS MY CHOICE, and I don't care what others think......I know people who wear full face helmets and 3/4 helmets and they ride harleys, and as far as I'm concerned it doesn't make them any more or less of a "Biker"....

Cheers!!:cheers

Well, here in Italy I think it's almost impossible to see a Harley rider wearing a full face helmet....:s
I always wore a full face on other bikes, but I started using a 1/2 on a Harley.

I know it's against the elementary safety rules.... but you cannot wear a full face on a Harley!!

Only exception could be on the 1200 XR and on the V-Rod series, where a full face could be appropriate (talking about style).

This is my opinion, but, as usual, wear whatever you fell like!
:)

Ciao
Ugo

I let the weather choose for me. Riding in the rain or cold, it's hard to beat a full face. That being said, I prefer my half helmet.

And no, I don't care what others think. I am a guy that likes to ride a motorcycle, not a "biker".

Wear a 3/4 , with a flip up shield, works for me. Thinking about a carbon fiber 3/4, not sure about whick brand,anyone have one they like/dislike?

Me and the missus both wear 3/4 with visor option,but like posted it is a personal choice,we both rode sportsbikes previously so we used fullface but prefer the 3/4 look while on the HD,4get what others think just go with what ur comfy with,ride safe...

I wore a full face on the previous bike (no windshild) but switched to a 1/2 on this one. I found it hard to see the speedo - had to move my head down to see it - and would get some weird harmonics/resonance. I'm not sure if it was wind or exhausts that caused it - but drove me nuts...

I'll still wear the full face when its cold (down in the 30's).

I wear one on my Harley's, 95% time. Other times I wear a 1/2 helmet. For me, not wearing any helmet just doesn't feel right. I guess it my racing backround that fosters that feeling. A full face just feels right.

Last edited:
I have a full face and half helmet. I know the full helmet is safer and in cool temps warmer, but I still go for the half helmet. Just like the look and feel of it better.

Back