free website stats program Harley Dealers going down. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Dealers going down.

Man, I hope they don't close down my dealer. I'll have to drive all the way to Camarillo (like I did this morning). They often give discounts on parts for local chapter HOG members. I went there to buy an alarm on discount and I bought a bunch of other stuff for regular price. My dealer hasn't figured that one out yet. He might lose 10% once in a while but I'm pretty sure they have a 40 -50% mark up. No problem riding over there anyway. Nice country road.

Gee, from all I've heard from Richard it would be a true shame that Milville HD is closed, not to mention Richard's FXRT might be in limbo for a while. They should close the one in Fayetteville, NC instead for as much grief as they cause thier customers and shady practices that I have personally been involved with. When was the last time any of you guys/gals have seen a part given under full warranty and the customer paid labor. There is a dealer about 50 mi. away that I go to.

I think some dealers will crash and burn and rightfully so, as Richard said the dealer he has dealt with has been wonderful, I too have had a long time good relation with a dealer in Minnesota and became good friends with my salesman, He let me use his new READ private owned by him Softail in 2000 for Sturgis all be.cause of friendship and the quality of the service and respect for the dealership. I would bet The MOCO is jerking franchises of under performing dealerships JMO

RK,
Do I understand you correctly that you mean Sam's stores, including Millville Harley Davidson?? I'm at my beach condo so I'm not home to talk to any of my buddies and get news like that!

I even have a bike being serviced there right now!

What did you hear??

Yep, that's it, both of Sam's shop's, Millville and Wildwood. I was there today and talked to Sam & Big Jim the service manager. Tomorrow or Monday will be the last day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey RichardS,Sorry about your Dealer, I wasn't pointing any fingers, and I didnt read this post and understand it to be about "your" dealership,or any relationship you had with them. Heck, if I could find a Dealership that did all that stuff you say you got, and all they did for you......I'd leave him in my WILL! You have "definitely" been one of the most "fortunate" riders I've come across in all my years of '2 wheelin" and I've been riding since I was 16 and I'm 55 now ! Lol ! Anywayzz......my point being was Harley Davidson is showing that they had rather close down Dealerships ,than lower their prices. But yet, there was plenty of $$$$$ to build the "Great Museum" ! believe me, I don't want to see any Dealerships close, but H-D's "Greed" has caused the biggest part of this ! Ride safe !!! Later,Hi-Tek Rednek

Hey Hoople, Yeah,I'm still experiencing that now and I've owned my 2007 Heritage Softail for 3 years ! I had to go 2 states to get the "deal" and color I wanted and I paid them $ 20,000 "cash" and I haven't received any special discounts on service or parts and I've also been a H.O.G. member since June 2007, Although I will give credit where credit is due.....my Dealer did deliver my bike to my house without a scratch on it. Only problem was, that delivery person was Jamaican or something and spoke very broken English, ( I'm sure he was trying the best he could though), and communicating with him as he went over the starting/stopping ,turn signal locations, etc;etc;, was very frustrating for us both.But......I still "LOVE" my Harley ! Ride safe, Hi-Tek Rednek

Last edited by a moderator:
Something doesnt sound right here, how can they hold Richard, and his bike hostage like this doesnt he have the title to the bike what is going on here?

I would think customer bikes would be returned...any work in process would be halted or at least reversed based on whether completion is possible and payment due upon receipt of property...

I got the info about Millville & Wildwod closed there doors today at 4pm from a Cumberland Co. H.O.G. member.

Hoping it doesnt get too ugly especially for the ones that are torn down, what a shame let us know how this turns out good luck Richard and all the rest of you all, Jack

Back