free website stats program Harley Dealers going down. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Dealers going down.

So, what does that mean? Closed till when? Obviously they can't just lock the front door and walk away!
Wildwood HD where I was at today said they would be open tomorrow. I have some parts I ordered and could not take them today because I was on my bike (handle bars). Parts said I better pick them up tomorrow because that may be it. I know Millville is closed on Sundays, so they may be closed for good. I'm sure anyone with bike's in their shops will have no problem getting them back.

When the dealer here in Spokane closed, the first story we got was they were just closed for inventory, would be open in 2 days, than that turn'd in to 2 weeks, I know they didn't have that much there to inventory, I had bought the last 2 spark plugs and oil filter a couple days before this came about, most of the shelves only had items from eye leval and up another foot or so, this includes the clothing dept. XXX large size only. The service dept. wouldn't take any bikes in and called people to pick up the bikes they hadn't started on yet, the other bikes in service were to be finished with a only a couple of tech's working, some bikes took longer than normal as they had no parts for them. It's been about a year now and they still have not re-open'd, all the 08's are on the floor, they couldn't get anything newer before they closed, last month HD Factory and the courts orderd a auction on all inventory to pay off debt. I heard the min bid wasn't matched, so there it all still sits. Last time I checked, a few month ago, the web site hadn't been closed. A couple weeks ago I rode by and saw that someone was getting a bike out from the service area. Richard I'm sure you and others with bikes in the service dept will get your bikes back.

It is a shame when it happens to a good store with good people working there. We had new owners come in to Meredith (now Laconia HD) and Conway (White Mountain HD) a couple of years ago. They came in and fired everyone who worked at Conway HD for years. These people were like family to everyone who bought and serviced their bikes there. They even uprooted some of their own people from down south, and then fired them!

The service has been terrible. They make promises they don't keep. But worst of all is they out and out lie, and then blame others. They are despicable and they'll probably be around for many years. At least the Laconia Dealership will be, but only because of Bike Week, not because of repeat customers.

We now have our bikes serviced at a garage that just opened in town thanks to the encouragement of all his old customers from when he worked at Conway HD. If we have to buy parts we'll drive the extra hour to another dealership.

As far as the expense and cutting back not being realistic? One place Harley Davidson could/should slash prices is on apparel. The prices are ridiculously high and all you're paying for is the name, not quality. We started collecting shirts in the 80's when you could get them for $10 and your choice of color was black...or black. I have a few left and have a few new ones from special places or sale items, but no more.

So...if you come this way for Laconia skip the big guys and call Nate: Valley Thunder American Motorcycle Service and Repair

RichardS, I think they may keep the stores open untill they sell all the inventory, thinks were going fast yesterday with 40% off. They were not taking anymore bikes in for service, just finish what they had. Big Jim the service manager said they will be opening again, just not as a HD Dealer, and work on HD's. He said it may be 2 weeks or it could be 6 months but they will reopen.......we will see.

I have seen bus open 1 day gone the next workers come in to work in am chain & lock on door or fence, lumber yards, retail bus. but if they have custermer items they must let people have ther items.

That happened to a Cincy dealer last year, Ace's and Eights. They had no more new inventory, and stayed open as long as they could to sell what they had. They eventually re opened with a new owner, which was able to secure a new deal with Harley to become a dealer again.
They can not keep a customers bike, so I wouldnt spend any time worrying about that aspect of it.

Sad to hear these dealers are closing, Not to worry everyone will get their bikes back, I would think those that have work already started would be completed, and those not started would be returned.

Maybe we can get an Obama bail out for HD, our Lifes Blood.

Seattle's Boeing moved their headquarters east and a big operation down south.. Is this the Trend?

bubbie

Just called the Wildwood shop (11:50 am) and no one answers the phone, they said they were going to be open today. I have parts I had to pick up that I ordered. Maybe they are open but just not answering the phone because the word is out, and the phone is ringing off the hook. I will be riding over to see whats going on. :( Look's like I may have to re-order my stuff from Atlantic Co. HD.

I also called the Millville shop and no answer there as well, but they are normally closed on Sunday.

The MOCO put so much pressure on Hollingsworth H D in St. Augustine Florida they had to build a new dealership or loose the franchise. Now it is a botique type dealership, and sadly no longer run by Limey and his family, in fact they have problems keeping good techs working for them, they are open on Sundays but the service dept, is closed imagine that, signed.... Capital Jack

Back