free website stats program Hard time finding neutral | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hard time finding neutral

Hey Glider thanks for the tip, have tried to source this in the uk its hard to find, the one place I can find wants £24 a quart, can you recommend something sticky to stop money hemorrhaging out my wallet? :lol:

Check the Cost for Redline Shockproof Heavy where you are located...... Redline for the tranny will give you Great results ALSO!

I have heard it is cheaper than the Spectro over there.. Let US know please...

I have used all Redline in my many bikes and swear by it Not at it...
That Shockproof really Smoooooooths out the tranny!!!

Lot of others will give you a Thumbs Up on this product (redline) but many here like the Spectro and use it.. I would be comfortable with the Spectro IF I could not not get Redline for my bikes.

signed....BUBBIE

Check the Cost for Redline Shockproof Heavy where you are located...... Redline for the tranny will give you Great results ALSO!

I have heard it is cheaper than the Spectro over there.. Let US know please...

I have used all Redline in my many bikes and swear by it Not at it...
That Shockproof really Smoooooooths out the tranny!!!

Lot of others will give you a Thumbs Up on this product (redline) but many here like the Spectro and use it.. I would be comfortable with the Spectro IF I could not not get Redline for my bikes.

signed....BUBBIE

Hey thanks for the pointer there Bubbie, my regular suppier has redline and its a good bit cheaper than Spectro, have ordered some, anything that reduces that straight cut 5th gear whine has to be tried. Heading to europe in July

Hey thanks for the pointer there Bubbie, my regular suppier has redline and its a good bit cheaper than Spectro, have ordered some, anything that reduces that straight cut 5th gear whine has to be tried. Heading to europe in July

I Know It Works!!!!
A friend bought His new bike a 2009 road-glide.. Took it home and next thing I heard He was taking it back to get his old bike back!!!!!
Stating He had never heard such a whinnnnning of gears in the tranny... 1st and 5th..
I suggested try My REDLINE Shockproof Heavy,,, Before he Took it back. Reluctantly,,, He took the quart from me and did the exchange..... Calling me about 2 hours later Thanking Me!!! saying "That redline shockproof really worked".. He could hardly believe it was the same bike! All the 1st and 5th gear noise was Gone!

signed....BUBBIE

There is a few things that can make it hard to find nuetral and I have found them all here on self help , number one is clutch adjustment at the primary and the lever , improper oil level and primary chain tension as well , good luck

If this problem occurred since changing the trans oil, why not use something like Spectro platinum for 6 speeds, you'll be glad you did.

I did two things that significantly improved the shifting on my Road Glide.

1.) Spectro Platinum for 6 speed - expensive but worth every penny. HUGE improvement! I won't use anything else.

2.) Diamond Black Collection Custom Gear Shift Linkages (part #33915-09) or something similar. Provides a much more positive shift. Sounds like it is only a matter of time before the flimsy stock shift linkage will give out or come loose without the rod ends anyway. I was surprised at how much this little piece improved the shifting.

Just my two cents , I always find when I have trouble finding neautral and I adjust my clutch per the book it fixes problem. Also agree with glider too much fluid in primery will def cause hard time finding neutral

If you over fill the primary you will have problems shifting to neutral I sugest draining and put a measued amount in. The owners manual gives 2 measurements one when you remove the primary cover the other when you just change the oil it is very cridical we are talking 1 or 2 ounces.

If you are at tick over then just raise the revs a wee bit at 1500 the oil in between the clutch plates will be thrown out and you should slip into neutral esily

Brian

I have an older bagger so it has some miles on it,but when I started to have a hard time with neutral,it ended up being the clutch. Whe I took it apart some of the revits had come loose. New clutch install all better

Back