free website stats program Hard time finding neutral | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hard time finding neutral

Only been on my ST for one year but I have already moved the running boards out with a 3/4" kit, I then lowered the tow and heal shifters down so they almost hit the boards on a shift. This has worked out great, up and down require very little boot movement at all and my boots are on the full boards now. I have to believe that the heal shifter will save on the toe leather ware.

I had the same problem with my 07 lowrider. Changed the tranny fluid from ammsoil to spectro 6 speed oil and problem solved. this stuff is like a magic potion for harley six speed trannies. Try some youll like it.

Thanks for the advice everyone.I would like to try the Spectro but have looked everywhere in northern MI and no one seems to carry it. I can find Mobil syn gear oil how does that compare to Spectro.

Why is this? Just wanting to learn. Thanks oldgeezer.:57:

An over filled primary can cause the excess oil to drive the clutch plates a bit so neutral will be harder to "click" into. Incomplete separation or being driven by the excess oil would be like a clutch that is partially engaged when finding neutral.

If this problem occurred since changing the trans oil, why not use something like Spectro platinum for 6 speeds, you'll be glad you did.

Oil Suggestions For Harleys - Harley Davidson Community

Do a search on the Spectro here on the forum and you'll see what others think of it.

Hey Glider thanks for the tip, have tried to source this in the uk its hard to find, the one place I can find wants £24 a quart, can you recommend something sticky to stop money hemorrhaging out my wallet? :lol:

Back