free website stats program gas? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

gas?

Did any one stop to think how long the premium gas has been in the storage tanks at your gas station since very few people use it. It starts turning to varnish in just 4 to 5 weeks. I got some stale premium gas about 4 years ago and had to clean my carb. Been using regular ever since and with over 40,000 miles and no problems I will never go back.

Charlie that is a great point about there only being one hose . I was thinking about that the other day when I was filling up. Anybody out there know the answer to this?

There was a thread a long time ago about this topic and I believe it was exposed as an "urban legend" of sorts. Something about check valves and other gizmos that ensure you only get what you selected. In other words, when you shut the pump off, the hose actually empties itself back into the tank. Otherwise the guy filling up with 89 after you pump 93 is going to get some of your premium without paying the difference and the gas company's don't want that happening.

Now, I'm not stating that I'm 100% accurate on this stuff. Maybe someone that works for a gas station or company will give us all their dirty little secrets!

There ain't much in hose to make a difference.
Take the cage to the station with a gas jug, don't flip the lever up, empty hose in gas jug, you'll see how much is in hose.
Not enough to worry about.
wilks3

Back