Fuel mileage

2006 1200C
SE air filter
cycle shack slip ons
45 slow jet
185 main jet
All kinds of riding but mostly high way commuting
fuel use avg 51 MPG

I didn't expect it to get that much worse either, but I don't know many people with the new 96's getting that great of mileage. It's not too bad all things considered. Rpms doesn't have much to do with gas mileage as I understand it. It takes less gas to run an engine at 3000 rpm in 1rst gear than it does to run an engine 2200 rpm in 6th gear

LOL, Newhdfan74, I agree about the checking the mileage, it's a great way to monitor & catch problems early on. :s Thanks.

I agree. I have an 06 road king w/ screaming eagle pipes. I get about 31. I do everyday riding mixed between highway and street. My bike has a carb. My bike will run out of gas at about 125 miles after fill up, then I switch to reserve and go for another 20. I don't run it till its out of gas.

Hello
I have 1700 Miles on the 09 UC

Use Amsoil 20/50 In Crankcase

Royal Purple Gear Lube in Tranny

Formula+ In Primary

TFI + SE Stage 1 with Pipes

Lower 6 Inch Windshield

Ride single Daily to Work HOV Lane

This past weekend 300 mile Road trip got 40+ Was impressed Mostly HGWY miles

Filled up today CITY RIDING 35 MPG Avg.

Ride Safe
BuffaloBILL

07 Ultra
96"
6 speed
SE a/c
SE slip-ons
TRIKE
Just driving around low 40's, lost some MPG going to a trike.

Last edited:
Well, not as good as most, but better than some.
01 EG Classic with around 63K miles. riding varies, from puttering around town for half a tank then back and forth to work on the interstate running 75-80mph. Lowest was 35.5 and best has been 39.5 mpg. All stock, no mods, TC88.
I believe that keeping my rpm's in 5th gear around 2900 (about 65mph) i get the best mileage.

09 Ultra
Amsoil in case
Spcectra in tranny
Formula in Primery

44 miles comute Round trip
average speed 70-85 on freeway/HOV Lane

Between 34-38

Took the bike for a Sunday ride COUNTRY ROADS did not have much stop and go I averaged 42 miles between fill ups

'99 Ultra, stock 88, Vance & Hines slip ons. Combination of highway and back road driving, one up. Average 45 mpg..

'84 FXST 80" evo drag pipes S&S air intake the rest stock. (before mods)
back roads 55/65 MPH - 50 mpg
Interstate 75/80 MPH - 35 mpg

Have to check again this spring - 10.2:1, HR40, 2-1 Supertrapp, Woods W6

Back