free website stats program Fuel mileage | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel mileage

My 2008 Fatboy only has 300 miles on it. It is stock other than SE Mufflers, air cleaner, and the "computer chip" flash/upgrade. Currently getting 25MPH in town. It is running rich. Hope it will lean out and get a little better MPH after the break-in period is over.

Can this be true?

I double checked my math and numbers. My stock 09 RG was getting 42 MPG avg for the first 1,500 miles.

Since then I added, Ness Big Sucker intake, V&H Basic slipons and TFI.

TFI at first was set at the recomended settings and I was getting mid 30's (35 mpg on two tanks). I then adjusted the settings for pot #2 back to 2:45 and pot #3 to 2:45, my pot#1 is 2:45 as well.

I'm now getting a solid 43 MPG for the last 600 miles. I have not changed my driving habits and very rarely exceed 4,000 RPM. I thought I could be running lean, but it idles perfect and accelerates nicely up through the RPM range (slight loss of grunt from 2,000 to 2,300 prob due to the 2 1/4 V&H baffel in the slipons).

Any reactions?

88 motor
stage 1
v&h 2 into 1
power commander

seldom get more than 35 as an average, but am curious what sort of speed is considered highway, have noticed a significant increase in consumption if you get enthusiastic with the throttle,,,, grinz

I found out on sat. that 6th gear at 4600rpm= 120mph.and fuel mileage goes down the drain:D

07 EG Standard stock except K&N air filter in stock box, just added the TFI and still trying to dial it in but looks like about 35mpg. Last summer I got about 38-40 in all around millage. I've got this habit of blipping the throttle on down-shift and I noticed that the TFI goes into the red pot when I do that. Maybe get better mpg if I quit that. :58:

you trying to keep up again :D:bigsmiley18:

I really think I need a V-Rod,I been pushing the bagger too far,even my pipe covers are dented now from the floorboards hitting the ground:(

Hobbit,when you finally get over here we can rent a couple sport bike and take them to Shannonville and play on the road course:D

Full leathers (don't have to be one piece) full face helmet and boots are required.Oh and you have to sign a waiver!:D

1999 FXSTC, Evo engine, 5-Spd Tranny, White Bros Porker Pipes (2.25 inch dia), Screamin Eagle Module, Screamin Eagle Triple Platinum Plugs, one person (me), mostly highway (70-75 MPH), and I get just a hair under 50 MPG using BP mid-grade fuel. Hoo-Yahhh

Back