Will do Stage 1 next spring.
Average so far is 45 mpg.
Mostly 3 and 4 gear city driving.

2007 Street Glide Patriot Edition
19000 miles
SE Air cleaner
SE Slip ons (original not the new ones)
SE Race Tuner
Around town average 42-45 mpg (depending on how much fun I have )
Highway 48-55 mpg

07 RG 96cc with Xied's installed other wise stock 40. ride a higher speeds 70 and above
42 without Xieds
42-47 without Xied's a ride slower 55-65mph

Smitty...! >70? Keep checkin' the rear vue for the red bubblegum light...:)

Whats that...Osofer...I really am sorry to interrupt your donut break...!:bigsmiley14:

Seriously, I get 47mpg mixed mainly in 70% City 30% Hwy driving.

Stage I , S&S type A/C - Carb jetting & #4 Washer - DragS pipes w/Baffles
Motul Syn Motor Oil - Spectrol Gold 85W Clutch/Tranny/Chain Lube
Metzler 880H Tires 100/90H19 Front, 150/80H16 Rear :newsmile071:

Last edited:
1999 FLHTCUI I got between 40 and 50 when it was new...
BUT
now only 25 to 40 ...

of course the 25mpg comes when I am on the highway doin a steady 80mph

it has EFI but it also has over 100k on it

1999 FLHTCUI I got between 40 and 50 when it was new...
BUT
now only 25 to 40 ...

of course the 25mpg comes when I am on the highway doin a steady 80mph

it has EFI but it also has over 100k on it

Do older EFI equipped bikes get that poor fuel mileage? I just got back from doing an 800 mile loop to Northern California...did 75+ and got 54 MPG...(first time I got to really take my 2004 XL1200RS carbureted model with all freeway miles, (typically get 48MPG mainly city).

Have you checked & changed your plugs and did some "Throttle Chops/Plug Inspections" per Glider' piece on the subject to see how your plugs/mixture is doing? You also may have dragging brakes or really get on it like a jackrabbit to get it down that low? :eam

Last edited:
MPG is relative to speed, the faster you ride, the MPG goes down. Ideally the best MPG should be at about 55-60 MPH except for the 6 speeds.

MPG is relative to speed, the faster you ride, the MPG goes down. Ideally the best MPG should be at about 55-60 MPH except for the 6 speeds.

So does that mean his Harley is okay with a low 25 and high 40? Just seems awful low...just curious! :newsmile071:

Good post TQ, I usually figure my fuel mileage after every fill up. (Bad habit, I do that for all my vehicles). The best I ever got was 49.7, the worst was 40.2. Generally I average about 45 mpg. I have V&H pipes & the stage 1 as far as I know. Otherwise stock. I think it is the 88/1450 engine. (Sometimes I get dyslexic with the numbers). :s

This is based on a mix of highway riding, country back roads, and some town. The high figure was a lot of highway, back & forth to work in light traffic, the low, well, that may have had some hot dogging mixed in with some stop & go. That is about as documented as I get. Looking forward to seeing the other results.

Hey Joy, it is good to always check, if mileage suddenly drops a lot say 6-8 mpg from average over a couple tankfuls all things being about equal it usually indicates problem, i.e. plug(s) may have gotten fouled or such; which I found when I recently changed my plugs, could not believe it went up by that much! :57:

, but I would have expected better (not worse) MPG than my 5 speed. I also haven't changed the pipes or A/C. Maybe that will help? If I had been riding my Ultra the way I've been riding this one for the last week, I would have expected ~45 mpg. Anyone else seeing worse MPG from new bikes? Should I expect this to improve when I change the pipes, ect? I've always had the pipes changed before delivery, but that's not the way this one worked out. Thoughts?

why would you expect better? If we were taking trucks would you getter better mileage from a 302 or 454? If you know the answer to that why would you expect better from a 96" than you got from a 88"?

High 30's to low 40's are probably the best you'll ever see on the new bikes.

Back