free website stats program Eye Wear: What do you wear? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Eye Wear: What do you wear?

Got mine at the optical department of Wal-Mart. Frames were $45. Prescription was much more. Except for a non-removable foam insert, they work just as good as the expensive, name brand stuff out there.

I use safety glasses from the local industrial safety Store
They work great and cool looking and cheap

I use safety glasses from the local industrial safety Store
They work great and cool looking and cheap

DITTO! People are paying lots of cash when they do not need to IMHO. Now days safety glasses are available at a fraction of the cost. They have come a long ways in fashion as well. If they meet safety standards and are comfortable what more do you want? I have lots of safety glasses between $10 and $20. Both shaded and clear, Just keep buying them. I don't know why. LOL!:52:

Perscription motorcycle shades from my local optomitrist. Have the foamy thing around the eyes, work pretty well. I wear a Seer half helmet most of the time. Shoei Multitec when it's raining (most of time):s

I would love to find the perfect '1' pair of glasses. So, off the bike, I like my Maui Jims, (with contacts of course). I found these for the bike last year, about $50.
b52.jpg

These have been the best pair for me for day/night transitions. They actually get dark enough in the afternoon, and light enough in the pre dawn trips to work & the dark evening conditions home. They have the foam and an optional strap. I have never needed the strap, & I will turn & look to the side if something catches my eye.

I can get by with my prescription transition lenses without the contacts in. My trick I learned while bicycling, is to blink often. Works for me. I had better luck doing that than riding with lenses in the woods. Mud would get on the lenses & then I couldn't see at all.

So, this year, instead of getting new contacts, (I still have plenty) I got 2 pair of prescription glasses. I have never had prescription sunglasses, but I felt these may help protect my eyes when riding this year. Here's a link to what I think I got, too lazy to get up & get the model number.

Ray-Ban Official Website

My husband has a similar style that he got last year & he likes them. I agree with others, take care of your eyes. I don't buy cheap glasses, but I usually find them. I have stopped work until I found my MJ's in the past.

My father was blessed with excellent eyesight until his mid 40's, and he was in an accident when he was young & they had to hold his head together to put him on a stretcher, I later found out, that was no exaggeration, and that they 'didn't know what to do with his eye, so they stuck it in his shirt pocket'. Go figure, I had glasses since I was 15, but my prescription has not changed in 25 years, I will take the best care of my eyes that I can. :s

BTW, I had a pair of Wiley X with interchangeable lenses, but I found them too hard to change lenses in, as did the shop owner & the distributor. I traded them for some other goodie. Jacket or chome, not sure what, maybe both.

Back