free website stats program Eye Wear: What do you wear? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Eye Wear: What do you wear?

I have to wear prescription eyewear and this is my choice so far. Birdz Eyewear - phoenix. Prescription insert, foam gasket and three different colored lenses, clear, sunglass and yellow. I had to bevel them a bit at the bridge of the nose with a dremel tool to fit better.

http://www.birdzeyewear.com/phoenix.php

Cheers
Duane

Last edited by a moderator:
Solar Shields fit over my perscription glasses...$19 but can be less when on sale at Longs, CVS, RiteAid or Walgreens when 1/2 Helmet only or with 3 snap pull down clear faceshield.

If cold, full face helmet with Fog City anti-fog liner/shade (it is one-way mirrored reflective gray on outside looking in, slightly shaded looking out with easily interchangable clear lens.

Everyone commenting about how proud they are getting away with cheap glasses. Better hope they never come in contact with a stone coming up from the road. Windshield or not. Getting hit with a stone at elevated speeds is like getting hit with a 22 caliber bullet. I kid you not. Invest in a good pair of riding glasses & take care of them.

I like the Wilyex
Wife caught a rock right in the middle of a lense. Ruined the glases. We walked in and bought another pair the next chance we had.

I was just browsing the net and found some inexpensive prescrition goggles. I think I may give them a shot.

I like the amber lenses, they work in sunlight and at night. I was just a bit confused when I came to the first red traffic light and it turned BLUE! :newsmile070:

I like the Wilyex
Wife caught a rock right in the middle of a lense. Ruined the glases. We walked in and bought another pair the next chance we had.

There's a reason why they work so well...It's called "Shatterproof Selenite Polycarbonate lenses",,one of the worlds most impact resistant lens material you can buy. They far exceed ANSI Z87.1 safety and ANSI Z80.3 optical standards.

Here are some of the units Wiley X supplies:
Air Force Special Ops Squadrons
Air Force Security Forces Squadrons
101st Airborne Division
82nd Airborne Division
1st Calvary Division
10th Mountain Division
Marine Corps 1st Recon
Marine Corps 2nd Recon
Army Special Forces
1st Armored Division
25th IN Division
1st IN Division
3rd IN Division
Army Rangers
160th Soar
Navy SEALs
3rd ACR
3rd IN Division
F. B. I.
DHS ICE
D.E.A.
SWAT
B.A.T.F.E.
U.S. Marshals Service
Highway Patrol

..........must be some good glasses...oh did I mention "LIFETIME WARRANTY" against factory defects.

Shatterproof lenses are a must!! I just can't justify $100 for a pair of riding glasses I'll end up losing. I found these for $20 and they're excellent!! One pair clear and one pair smoke.

The Helmet Source

I have a pair of the Curv-Z day to night with the foam on them. I like them. I picked them up at my local HD dealer and I think they were around $60.

Back