free website stats program Engine Tuners You Would or Wouldn't Recommend | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine Tuners You Would or Wouldn't Recommend

I had a PCIII and sold it because I could never get rid of decel popping on long dowhill grades and we ride alot in hilly country.
The shop that sold me the FuelPak told me he would refund my money if it didn't cure it. It did and now I'm sold on em.

I've got to say I had the opposite experience. When I first got my FXDI35 in april of 2006 first thing I did after the first 500 miles was install a high flo air cleaner a set of Python staggered duels and a fuelpac. The first thing I noticed was the engine seemed to run alot hotter and alot of decil popping. I got ahold of Vance& Hines and they responded and gave me new settings and it did help with the decil popping but it was still there at times and it didn't help with the heat problem. So I got a PCIII and with just a stock map off they're web site and alls good. No decil popping and seems to run cooler.

Now 3 and a half years later I install a set of Bassani road rage 2 into 1's can't find a stock map on dyna jets web site so reinstall the fuelpac get ahold of Vance & Hines they give me settings and away I go . No decil popping but the heat coming off the engine is tremendous. the heat off the pipes burns my leg when I stop. Back to the PCIII get ahold of Dynojet get a map for my set up. I just installed it yesterday and haven't had a chance to really evaluate it. My local Indy (Stevensons Cycle Wayne,Mi.) wants over 300 dollars to dyno tune it so thats my next step.

I can't seem to find a set of heat shields for these Bassani's. I've googled to the cows came home and came to the conclusion that they don't makem. If anyone knows different please let me know.

Shack

I just installed the fuelpak from Vance and Hines with Staggered Black Short Shots on my 2007 Street Bob. Got a K&N Air Filter Stage 1 kit RK-3909. Very easy installation on all add-ons. Fuelpak was really easy. No guess work about settings. Installed the codes off the website and I was rolling. The "Reaper" is definitely a growler now:s BOOYAH!

I have a 2006 Herritage that I did a 95" kit with zippers parts 9.8to1 compression, 37G andrew cams, D&D fat cat 2into1 step header .30 head gaskets and a cv performance kit (carburated ) had Redline motorcycles in fl. do a dyno tune made 95.5HP AND 105.9 torque I ride alot in eastern TN with lots of inclins no poping plenty of climbimg power.I would recomend them as they also run a pro-stock haley.We ride two up all the time.

000_0003.jpg

Here are the results of my tune. The goal was not to have a dyno queen, max HP but to have the best low mid range performance.

SCAN0036.jpg

The change in low mid range performance is amazing. The bike slips into 6 speed around 50 mph smoothly. Before it was 60 mph to shift into sixth.

The first run was without tuning and the second was after the tune.

2009 FLSTC
Vance&Hines Double Barrels
SE Heavy Breather
TTS Master TUne
Steffs Custom Tuning

Nice improvements. Are you saying those improvements were done from tuning ALONE? No hardware was added at the same time

(Boy I wish it was 20% relative Humidly where I lived during August.)

The first run was with the Vance&Hines Double Shots, SE Heavy Breather and TTS Master Tune Installed.

The last was after various low/medium speed rolls tweaking fuel and ignition tables. They tweak a lot of things like the fuel delivery on start up. All in all it just runs like a bike should run.

The dyno chart does not do justice to show what improvements are gained with a custom tune.

Does anyone out there know what the modes on th V&H Fuel Pak control? Would like to do some tweeking on my CVO Street Glide but I can't get any info out of V&H. They can't believe I would like to get my A/F ratio below 14.5. The only thing they told me to do is unplug my O2 sensors. I think it is about time for a more user friendly tuner.

SeRT with a custom map by TripleS H-D Morgantown, WV. Ness Big Sucker, RB Racing LSR 2-1. Made 78.5hp and 89.6torque. Torque curve is over 75lbs from 1700rpms all the way to 5800rpms with peak HP @5900. Very happy with the improvement as well as the smooth curve.

I recommend the Power Commander 5. I had pinging problems in higher RPM ranges and was able to virtually eliminate it by being able to get into the timing tables and remove some timing.....for $300 its well worth it.

Back