free website stats program Engine Tuners You Would or Wouldn't Recommend | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine Tuners You Would or Wouldn't Recommend

I was advised by my HD service m:55:nager not to install the V&H fuelpak, he says all the bikes he has had in the shop use the "race tuner" (whilst he was telling me this three bikes were lined up next to him all with TFI's installed)
He was just a little too enthusiastic for my liking so I asked him jokingly if he works for this "race tuner" company and he said "No!"...:eam

most Harley dealers "push" the Race Tuner. Around hear they won't even work on anything else.

I was advised by my HD service m:55:nager not to install the V&H fuelpak, he says all the bikes he has had in the shop use the "race tuner" (whilst he was telling me this three bikes were lined up next to him all with TFI's installed)
He was just a little too enthusiastic for my liking so I asked him jokingly if he works for this "race tuner" company and he said "No!"...:eam

my question to him would have been "Why not the V&H and asked for documented proof if he/she would have said they caused problems.

I have the Vance & Hines plug-and-play Fuelpak, does exactly what it say's on the box.
The downside should you need to do anything that it does not say on the box...well forget it!
As for customer support for the fuelpak, it is absolutley outrageous, nonexistent for want of a better word, seven e-mails later and I have recieved not one reply...:newsmile055:

I'll have to say my experience with V&H has been just the opposite. I've called them several times to help dial mine in and never had to wait more than a few minutes to talk to a tech.
Made two pulls on a dyno after I was happy with it and the guy said the only thing he would do is take a little fuel away at my standard 80 mph cruise speed.
At 48 mpg and oil temps of 190-200 on a hot day, I think I'll leave it where it is.
Never tried emailing them though. Might not be so happy then.

I do make sure to always talk to the same tech though because they do have different ideas on how to accomplish the same thing. And make sure to note every change so you can give them this info if you have to call back.

I had a PCIII and sold it because I could never get rid of decel popping on long dowhill grades and we ride alot in hilly country.
The shop that sold me the FuelPak told me he would refund my money if it didn't cure it. It did and now I'm sold on em.

Personally I think the MOCO download is a joke. (edit) most pure stock bikes need the Stage 1 download just to keep em from cooking the oil.

Geno

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
my question to him would have been "Why not the V&H and asked for documented proof if he/she would have said they caused problems.
Basically it's because the racetuner/TFI/PC III modules are all singing all dancing tuners that allow the user to make infinate adjustments and not only to AFR, I didn't need to make minute adjustments to individual cylinders or adjust the timing from my perspective that was a tad overkill I just wanted my bike to run well with a free flowing air/exhaust combo,...the fuelpak does exactly that and it does it realy well, however I have seen that the fuelpak works best with V&H pipes, I've only ever seen complaints from a small minority of people and all were with non V&H exhausts, I can't comment for them the fuelpak works for me and gets a big thumbs up!
If you decide you want to add a stage II to your bike your going to need another tuner fuelpak does not offer modified engine maps.

papaseven, I eventually called Mageurope and asked them for help with decel popping, I was told to reduce pot 23 from 22 down to 19 and the problem was solved...:D

i'm new to all this stuff with the tuners . how does the tfi get installed ? is it like the vance&hines ? since i do not have v&h pipes i will stay away from the fuelpak plus i don't like the fact that it goes in line with the stock pcm . that is the same reason i had a pcm programed for my truck instead of a chip . i would rather have a pcm reflashed instead of an inline module .

Basically it's because the racetuner/TFI/PC III modules are all singing all dancing tuners that allow the user to make infinate adjustments and not only to AFR, I didn't need to make minute adjustments to individual cylinders or adjust the timing from my perspective that was a tad overkill I just wanted my bike to run well with a free flowing air/exhaust combo,...the fuelpak does exactly that and it does it realy well, however I have seen that the fuelpak works best with V&H pipes, I've only ever seen complaints from a small minority of people and all were with non V&H exhausts, I can't comment for them the fuelpak works for me and gets a big thumbs up!
If you decide you want to add a stage II to your bike your going to need another tuner fuelpak does not offer modified engine maps.

Got V&H fuel pac & V&H tapered slash cut slip-ons with A.N. big sucker A/C on the ultra -- so far I have no complaints about this combo!

JD's Cycleworks in PA....
1-610-297-0321
SERT , TTS Master Tune , PowerCommander , T-Max , DTT , Carb
Dave does not only have certificates on these tuning devices he really knows how to tune with the devices. He was trained By DOC who was a MMI master Instructor for many years
all size engines from Stock to fully modified.
v-rods and choppers also

I had Tim at Frieze H-D in Ofallon IL install my super tuner I have SE air cleaner and Rinehart tru duals.The dyno run and custom map gave me 76 hp and 83ft of torque on my 88 cubic inch.

Back