free website stats program Dyno conspiracy theory. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyno conspiracy theory.

I believe they gave me the VCI, but no DVD. Will 3X check, but 99% certain no DVD

they gave me an SE Pro Super Tuner - a black dongle with what looks like a serial port on it and a red button, but no cable and no DVD

Last edited by a moderator:
I would bet dollars to doughnuts all they did was install the 2 hardware items and then load a "canned" stage 1 map into the ECM. They made 1 or 2 pulls on the Dyno and that was that.
Your A/F ratio map proves to me they made 1 or 2 pulls with a canned map.
To properly tune a bike on an inertia dyno it takes a LOT of pulls and I mean a lot. On a pony brake torque arm dyno it could be done in 6 pulls. Not on an inertia machine.

Look at your receipt. Did you actually pay for several hours of dyno tuning.
If all you were charged for (labor wise) was to install the stage 1 hardware, then your OK. If on the other hand you paid for several hours labor for "Dyno Tuning" I would be upset.

re: stock map and done - thats what I was afraid of. I dont have a problem with a stock map per se, but paying for dyno tune and no get is not cool.

They charged me 3 hours of dyno time - "Work Description: DYNO TIME FULL MAP", and 2.5 hours separate charge to install the sert, the AC and the pipes.

So now I'm a bit miffed, but honestly I dont have the technical knowledge to box with these people. I cant just say "some guy from an internet forum says you just put the stock map on it, ran the dyno and printed the graph, but billed me for 3 hours dyno time which you did not do."

Now what?

Actually no one can box with them because no one was there to watch the work done. But if you really wanted to, you could get the CD rom & cables,, Boot up the system and look at the part number of the Map file they loaded. See if it ends in .001 or .002 etc. If it does not, then it's a canned file.
At least you will know for sure if you got overcharged.

But if it's a canned file you still can't do much about it and stay friends.

There is one more point I would like to make,

You know by rights since you paid for a CUSTOM MAP TUNE for your ECM,, you own that file . After 3 hours of Dyno tuning I would say that file is UNIQUE to your bike only. If you agree with that, then you OWN that file because what good is it to anyone else if it is Custom. Therefore by rights you should really get a copy of that file (on a floppy disk) to put in safe keeping in case your "ECM has a meltdown" and you had to re-load it. If you agree with that statement, then where is it? You will never get it because it does not exist.
And if they do hand you the file on a floppy disk, do a check sum against the canned ones in your SERT software for Stage 1 to see if you get a match.

Do you now see why I have no friends!

There is one more point I would like to make,

You know by rights since you paid for a CUSTOM MAP TUNE for your ECM,, you own that file . After 3 hours of Dyno tuning I would say that file is UNIQUE to your bike only. If you agree with that, then you OWN that file because what good is it to anyone else if it is Custom. Therefore by rights you should really get a copy of that file (on a floppy disk) to put in safe keeping in case your "ECM has a meltdown" and you had to re-load it. If you agree with that statement, then where is it? You will never get it because it does not exist.
And if they do hand you the file on a floppy disk, do a check sum against the canned ones in your SERT software for Stage 1 to see if you get a match.

Do you now see why I have no friends!

I agree with you 100% he should have got a Disc with the file..who needs friends?

Man this ticks me off. OK, I'll ask for the DVD.

Should they give me cables as well?

I just went through this with a Harley dealer, I needed to get a copy of the map for my 2005 Ultra Classic because they could not get my bike setup to run how I thought it should run, so after alot of phone calls I found another dealer who has a reputable guy who only does Dyno tunes, he said call the dealer that did it and get the mao in a cd, well after I called them, they said we cannot give that out we don't save them (LIARS), so when I let the guy who was going to tune it know, he said no worries, he would just do a full tune, so long story short, they lie, do not care about the customer and will always come up with an excuse. BTW, a full dyno tune cost me 300.00 plus tax, so figure out what you paid, but I would bet they just put a generic map in your bike, not a custom style map for your particular bike.

they could also pat me on the head and say 'no need to have the files, we have saved what you need if your ecm has a meltdown', which would be true of course - the stock map.

Back