free website stats program Dumb things we all have done on a motorcycle we wish we never had. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dumb things we all have done on a motorcycle we wish we never had.

Riding like Agustini(world champ bike racer back then)in the rain,on a 500 BSA A7 (road bike,not race tuned for anything!)cost me my right kneecap.Hard lesson,but a good un!

riding home after a party, stopped at a traffic light and forgot to put my feet down. yup just like laugh in. picked up the bike and went home (poke me with a fork i am done)

Hopefully you're not still using that helmet. They're designed to protect your head for one "impact event" and then are supposed to be replaced.

I said dumb things i did...I never said smarter things. You know how expensive those things are? LOL!!:D I still have it but i got more than one. Thanks for the advice. :s

riding home after a party, stopped at a traffic light and forgot to put my feet down. yup just like laugh in. picked up the bike and went home (poke me with a fork i am done)

NOTHING FUNNY ABOUT THAT!!!:laugh

Last edited by a moderator:
i guess the craziest the thing i ever did on a bike is take my better half for her first ride.cant get her off now,she has started talking about getting her own.maybe thats my answer

Thats a good one.

Leaving the bar and forgetting to turn on the gas, stalling behind a cop car, kick start only:p

That's an even better one.

I wish I hadn't tried to jump the cows on my dual sport last year! :D Evil Knievel I'm not. LOL, Would it sound better if I said I tried jumping the cow that was jumping the moon? :rofl

Yep I saw what it did to your leg awhile back on that one. That would be Witch Knievel. You should have stuck to the broom that day LOL. Oh I can feel the knife in my heart all the way down in Florida. You know me Joy, always ready to bury myself.

I want to know what you were drinking and where to buy it. Sounds like strickly on the patio stuff though.

One more time through those curves just a little faster.

So what happened on that one more time Smitty ? you just gonna let us wonder ?

My stupidest thing is not as funny as the previous posts but was quite painful. I was doing wheelys on my cousin's Suzuki dirt bike and letting my feet drag the ground as I go. I let it get a little too high and I slide down the seat till my knees hit the ground, thereby taking all the weight off the bike and it immediately came back down and the tail light came back up catching me between the legs and lifting me off the ground. I don't remember much after that.

I remember another crazy thing i did when i was real young except i wasn't driving a motorcycle. I decided to let my cousin pull me on my bicycle with his motorcycle using a rope. Well to make a long story short. The rope got caught under the front tire of my bike, down i went while he was still pulling me.......OUCH!!! Luckily the rope snapped before nearly pulling my leg off.....oh the hard lessons we learn.

Last winter, my bike was in the shed, snow on back yard plus some more form my driveway(plowed snow), snow was up about 3 feet high, I then plowed the "curved" path 30'x4' from my drive way to my shed which made snow up about 4' tall wall on both side, place some 4x8's plywood on the grass/snow and try to get my bike out cause it was like in the mid 60' on next couple of days, long story short, back the bike out halfway(at the "curve" path), foot slipped on snow and I was between the bike and snow wall, one foot stuck in snow and the foot board and I couldn't pull it out, I was screaming like a little girl and was screaming for help with no luck, I then cursing with every kind of languages that I can think of in hope of the bike will stand up by itself(yeah right) but no one heard me beside those stupid squirrels stop running and looking at me with a funny looking faces (who wanna get outside when snow is up high and the temp is low), anyway, I try to push the bike up to free my stuck foot with another foot but the more I push the bike, the deeper I sunk into snow wall (800lbs metal vs 175lbs human flesh), snow got in my rear end and my back, I got wet and cold and I could swear that I heard those little squirrels creature were laughing at me and said "who's stupider than who now". After pushing and cursing and praying and cursing and pushing and cursing, I finally managing to free up my stuck bare foot out (my shoe stills under the bike) and got out of snow wall, got the bike up righted, got inside the house and before I could say anything, the wife was laughing at me (I bet those crazy squirrels told her) and said "that was the most funniest and stupidest thing that I've done since this year" !!!!!!!!!!. Never again.

This was timely because I did not one but two dumb things just this weekend! First, I lost my cell phone on the bike. It had come loose from the failing velcro holder. My fault, the phone had come loose before while ai was sitting. I should have realized that it was bound to happen again. So yesterday I bought a new phone. Second, I lost my key fob while I was riding my bike today on my way over to my son's house to celebrate Father's Day. Apparently I had left the key in the locking glove box door when I went to change CD's. I guess I never removed them from the lock and drove away. I heard something fall out while riding, I am sure of it but I figured what could it be? Nothing's gonna fall off. Yeah, right! :(

Looking at a few ladies in a bikini and almost running into the car ahead of me. Missed hitting the rear bumper by inches. :newsmile055:

Back