free website stats program Driving when it is hot out | Harley Davidson Forums

Driving when it is hot out

Eager

Okay so i was driving through Wisc this weekend and it was in the upper 90's bike was running great , stopped to get fuel and wouldnt start? after letting it sit for about 10- 15 min it started right up and ran great again till i stopped and had to let it cool down again??? or atleast that is what it seams like???

Ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance

if it has a carburetor , maybe a vapor-lock. I haven't heard of fuel injected engines having a vapor-lock. vapor-lock is when fuel vaporizes in the fuel line caused by a stoppage of flow and high heat.

:small3d031::small3d031:
Okay so i was driving through Wisc this weekend and it was in the upper 90's bike was running great , stopped to get fuel and wouldnt start? after letting it sit for about 10- 15 min it started right up and ran great again till i stopped and had to let it cool down again??? or atleast that is what it seams like???

Ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance
That was your first problem, driving through Wisc.!!! :small3d031: Mine seems to not like the really hot weather as well, gotta remember they are air cooled.

Mine was pinging yesterday in western Wisconsin where the temperature was around 101. I always use ethanol free premium also. When I stopped for fuel it turned over hard but always started. It is just plain hot around here!

Just can't please you Northerners. You complain all winter when your bikes are in storage and now you're whining about temps in the 90's. Geesh.

:lolrolling

The bike is Fuel injected and the dealer is not much help, which is really frustrating. I can believe my bike is the only one to have ever done this.....

The bike is Fuel injected and the dealer is not much help, which is really frustrating. I can believe my bike is the only one to have ever done this.....

On the 06 do you have the factory main brkr or does it have the 50 A. upgrade? Did you notice any "hesitations" before?

Two weeks ago I rode from North Carolina to Florida and the temperatures were in the 102 to 104 degree range. The bike ran great and handled the heat better than I did. She started right up and ran perfectly. Got to be something not quite right in your settings.

I can't chime in to a specific part, but typically if a vehicle won't start hot, cools a little, then starts, it is electric gremlins. Starters will do it, regulators, things like that. Good luck, let us know what you find!

Back