free website stats program Driving when it is hot out | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Driving when it is hot out

When you say it wouldn't start........does the starter turn at normal speed? Is it sluggish when cranking? Does it crank at all?

Ain't it great having all of this help?

I can't imagine it being a vapor lock problem I ride all the time in the summer with temps up to 110 and have never experinced anything like that. Please be sure to let us know what you find. Good luck.

Im running synthetic oil and no cooler. It turns over like normal just doesnt fire.
Breaker...hmmm, I was talking to a guy today and he mentioned a tpi sensor, throttle positioning sensor???? He said that a Arctic cat snowmobiles had a problem with this and so did yamaha motorcycles, more so O-RINGS than sensor itself, He was more help than the dealer so far. One dealer told me to take off the lowers, I asked why and his response was they are for when its cold outside... Really???

Thanks for all your input!! any ideas Im all ears!!

. One dealer told me to take off the lowers, I asked why and his response was they are for when its cold outside... Really???
QUOTE]

I wouldn't bother with ever using that dealer for service.
What a lame statement!

So here is all of the most recent work that has been done on my bike and a little more info

it is a 2006 Ultra classic just over 25k miles, I just put a new battery in it about 6 weeks ago and then had the Hydraulic Cam adjuster put in about a month ago . I have had the key fobs re-flashed 2 weeks ago and they also checked for codes and they said there were no codes.

Last weekend i was driving and it was hot out , I had pulled in to get gas and a bottle of water, When I tried to start maybe 10 min later, it would crank over fine, it just wouldnt start or even fire at all. I waited about 10 more min and it started right up? Now it doesnt do that all of the time, more so when it is in the 90's outside. I called the dealer and they say they have no idea, i would need to bring it in and see if they can replicate it? at what ever there labor rate it and hope it doesnt start??? frustrating .......

Back