free website stats program Driving when it is hot out | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Driving when it is hot out

Well its been almost a month, took a 1800 mile trip and it never missed a beat. Started everytime, problem solved.

Again thanks for all your input

Eager

Well its been almost a month, took a 1800 mile trip and it never missed a beat. Started everytime, problem solved.

Again thanks for all your input

Eager

So it sounds like the hose in the fuel tank mentioned in post #61 was the culprit all along. Glad you got it working again!

Mine was pinging yesterday in western Wisconsin where the temperature was around 101. I always use ethanol free premium also. When I stopped for fuel it turned over hard but always started. It is just plain hot around here!

We have been in the mid 90's all summer. You can definitely tell when you get some bad fuel or lower octane. I think fuel quality in general has gotten worse in the last couple of years

I wont ride in this extreme summer weather unless I'm moving with very little stop and go issues. It's not my idea of pleasure riding if I have to subject my bike (and me) to the torturous conditions that an air cooler motor undergoes if I'm stopping and going in traffic. Call me a weanie, but I can live with that.:D

My trip to MN running through MO was 107, not my idea of fun. I wear black most of the time, I had a long sleeve white shirt to reflect the sun and wick the moisture. Each gas stop I would drink water and eat cheese peanut butter crackers to keep up on the carbs. I too do not like the heat, but I love to ride:s

Back