free website stats program **Donate 02 Road King parts....Help** | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

**Donate 02 Road King parts....Help**

Today the headlight trim ring and fuel gauge arrived. I feel like a little kid on xmas morning! Nice parts! Go ahead and send the box. I'm not getting any reply on another guys lower sliders. Whenever you have time, and pick the cheapest shipping. Once you get the cost....I'll get it to you before you ship if needed, via however you choose.
Thank you!
Ski

Got a line on the fork legs; they will be shipped by another donor but he has to dig them out of storage. I have to repack my box to get the slider tube and fork guts inside; will do that this weekend. Will get ship cost for my box next week and let you know; cheapest shipping will be UPS Ground.

It all sounds just great! You are really helping my situation...using your personal time to get all this together. What comes around.....goes around!
UPS sounds fine, but I think carrier pigeons are a little cheaper.:)
Thanks a million!!!!!
Ski

;) It's been my experience in the past the UPS or Fed-Ex has been cheaper than USPS for shipping boxes. ;) May not be the case now, but when the hubby was working out of town a lot & I was sending him things, that was what we found. And with our USPS here, anything was way more reliable. :O

;) It's been my experience in the past the UPS or Fed-Ex has been cheaper than USPS for shipping boxes. ;) May not be the case now, but when the hubby was working out of town a lot & I was sending him things, that was what we found. And with our USPS here, anything was way more reliable. :O
Thanks for your info!

Ski,
Box dropped off at UPS today. I have forwarded to via email all the details, i.e., tracking number, cost, etc. If you have PayPal we can settle up that way. Also PM sent as well; just want you to know that the parts I donated are on the way.

Ski,
I emailed you the information you need for Paypal.
The other guy with the lower fork legs will be sending them; he needed a few days to dig them out and box them up for shipment. Another guy is sending the internals from an '03 touring suspension which I would recommend you use so you can get away from the cartridge in the left fork of the '02 suspension and use damper valves and springs in both forks. Makes maintenance and changing fork oil much simpler.

Ski,
I emailed you the information you need for Paypal.
The other guy with the lower fork legs will be sending them; he needed a few days to dig them out and box them up for shipment. Another guy is sending the internals from an '03 touring suspension which I would recommend you use so you can get away from the cartridge in the left fork of the '02 suspension and use damper valves and springs in both forks. Makes maintenance and changing fork oil much simpler.

Paypal is on the way.
I'll take your advice about using the 03 suspension parts. This is all crazy. Lucky me. Lucky me. I'm not used to having any good luck.
I've been trying to get out every day doing a few things on Miss Piggy, but my leg and foot can only take about an hour and a half from the pain and swelling. Using a cane, taking baby steps. Been working on a few dents in my tank. My parts list has gotten smaller...thanks to you Dolt! I'll put in a post on what parts I still need.
I'll let you know when the box arrives.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ski

Paypal is on the way.
I'll take your advice about using the 03 suspension parts. This is all crazy. Lucky me. Lucky me. I'm not used to having any good luck.
I've been trying to get out every day doing a few things on Miss Piggy, but my leg and foot can only take about an hour and a half from the pain and swelling. Using a cane, taking baby steps. Been working on a few dents in my tank. My parts list has gotten smaller...thanks to you Dolt! I'll put in a post on what parts I still need. I'll let you know when the box arrives.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ski

If you are going to use the '03 suspension parts, don't forget that the suspension parts from an '09 FLHX are also in my box. Same parts as '03, springs and dampers but improved. Just don't lay them out together; if they get mixed up, you won't be able to distinguish between the '03 and '09 parts.

Thanks to Dolt, my parts list has gotten smaller. These are the parts that Miss Piggy still needs.

Highway crash bar....
both front upper legs....
both trees....
long thin chrome strip-that joins the top of the nacelle where the two halves meet.
Thank you sincerely!

Thanks to Dolt, my parts list has gotten smaller. These are the parts that Miss Piggy still needs.

Highway crash bar....
both front upper legs....
both trees....
long thin chrome strip-that joins the top of the nacelle where the two halves meet.
Thank you sincerely!

Sure glad you mentioned that. I'll use a magic marker to label them.
Thanks!

Back