free website stats program **Donate 02 Road King parts....Help** | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

**Donate 02 Road King parts....Help**

I know and that's the part that makes me nervous. The pickup truck smacked into the front end mostly and bent the highway bar back , then the bike did a 180 and flopped over on it's right side. I have looked around the neck a few times and saw no chipped paint or cracks, but I know that still doesn't mean the frame is ok. With the frame all on angles and slants, it gets frustrating trying to use straight edges...levels...ect measuring and re-measuring. I'm open to suggestions on how to do a reliable frame check...with the front end off.
Thanks!
Ski

In my opinion other than an obvious bend or visible crack in a weld the only way to be 100% sure is to strip it to the frame and make all necessary measurements and visual inspections.

Again, this is just my humble opinion.

Sorry you had to be put in that position. I can see that you have a great reputation and you don't need any monkey business to change that. Sounds great on those fork parts. Whatever it takes.
Thanks for your time!
Ski

In my opinion other than an obvious bend or visible crack in a weld the only way to be 100% sure is to strip it to the frame and make all necessary measurements and visual inspections.

Again, this is just my humble opinion.

Yeah....I'm looking ahead at quite a job to tackle. Gotcha.
Ski

Ski,
I have only 1 question that you may not have yet. How confident are you that the frame is not bent/tweeked?
Taking a shot from the side could have very well done more damage that you're not aware of.
I hope for your sake that's not the case but a very important thing to know before you get to deep into the rebuild.
You have a valid point Jeff. When working at the Harley dealer all the insurance companies first looked at the center tab where the spill bar attached. If out of place the least amount the bike was totaled for correction was a new frame and it was always more than 50% of value of bike.

OK guys, I am done soliciting parts from sources outside this forum. So far I have had a couple of offers to donate parts only to have to be informed that the parts are being donated from another source. Unfortunately, I then must tell my donors, oooops, my bad, don't need them. Not good for my rep on that forum. Don't get me wrong, I am not angry but don't want to be put in that position again, so I will cease and desist sourcing outside this forum.

Skiz,
I did find the left side fork tube and, I think, the internal cartridge, or the internals from an '09 FLHX. Whichever, there should be enough parts to assemble the right side of the suspension. Of course, you will need new seals and the fork cap from your damaged forks and possibly the fastener that secures the damper rod in the tube.

Hey Dolt....The foot boards arrived. The donater was Joe A...... from NY. Is he a member?
Thank you!
Ski

Hey Dolt....The foot boards arrived. The donater was Joe A...... from NY. Is he a member?
Thank you!
Ski

Joe is not a member of this forum. A buddy from another forum; he donated the parts and paid the shipping. You should also be receiving a fuel gauge and the head light trim ring; both have been shipped. I will finish boxing up my stuff tomorrow and ship next week. As I said in a previous, I added a fork tube and the fork cartridge for the left side as well as the internals from an '09 touring model. If I were you, I would ditch the cartridge and use the later internals to rebuild the front suspension. JMHO.;)

Back