free website stats program **Donate 02 Road King parts....Help** | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

**Donate 02 Road King parts....Help**

Ok. Your advice is appreciated.

I should have been more clear about the suspension parts. The slider tube in the box is the OEM '02 left side tube that can be used to build the left side fork with the OEM cartridge. However, if you opt to use the '09 parts to build the front suspension, you cannot use the slider tube in the box and will need two OEM right side slider tubes; 45972-02/06/09. IIRC, the non-cartridge slider tubes are the same for the FLHT models. The '09 springs and dampers will provide a better and more controlled ride. The slider tubes are about $100/each, new from an online discount dealer but you might find some cheaper on Ebay. Your call, use the parts however you see fit. I had planned to use the '09 internals to upgrade the front suspension on my '02 FLHT but decided to go with Race Tech springs and modified Intiminators to replace the damper valve. Hope you can make some use from the parts.

Hey Jeff....I bought an angle meter and a couple different levels and I really couldn't find where the frame....especially the neck was bent. Happy about that!!!!!
Ski

That's very good news, make sure you check all welded areas as well.

I should have been more clear about the suspension parts. The slider tube in the box is the OEM '02 left side tube that can be used to build the left side fork with the OEM cartridge. However, if you opt to use the '09 parts to build the front suspension, you cannot use the slider tube in the box and will need two OEM right side slider tubes; 45972-02/06/09. IIRC, the non-cartridge slider tubes are the same for the FLHT models. The '09 springs and dampers will provide a better and more controlled ride. The slider tubes are about $100/each, new from an online discount dealer but you might find some cheaper on Ebay. Your call, use the parts however you see fit. I had planned to use the '09 internals to upgrade the front suspension on my '02 FLHT but decided to go with Race Tech springs and modified Intiminators to replace the damper valve. Hope you can make some use from the parts.

Hey Dolt....you really are using your personal time to help me out and I sure appreciate it man. Ok...listen....I have one guy that said he has two lower sliders. I just emailed him to make sure and I'll let you know what the outcome is. With your parts, I wouldn't go for any upgrades.....I would just keep things OEM. I just want to use common sense in this situation and not take any parts from anyone that I won't use.
Thank you!!!!
Ski

Hey Dolt....you really are using your personal time to help me out and I sure appreciate it man. Ok...listen....I have one guy that said he has two lower sliders. I just emailed him to make sure and I'll let you know what the outcome is. With your parts, I wouldn't go for any upgrades.....I would just keep things OEM. I just want to use common sense in this situation and not take any parts from anyone that I won't use.
Thank you!!!!
Ski

The '09 internals are in the box. Use'em, sell'em do what you want but they are coming. If you change your mind, everything from an '09 front suspension is in the box except seals and I would probably replace the bushings but you do what you want; I will never use the parts and they are a nice upgrade to the early cartridge type suspension.

Let me know if the sliders are secured. A donor from another forum has some but I have told him to delay shipping until I am sure the parts are needed.

MY Feelings:

IF you get ANY Xtra Parts Keep them OR sell them... Take all that is offered.... YOU may find another who needs a good deal, so Help them Out...

Sometimes it is too much work lining up then putting them on Hold.

On another form, Everybody wanted to Donate and Pay OR buy a certain part for a Donation...

I just Laughed when Someone said to Me (joking I'm sure)
"BUBBIE, you ain't going to Screw me out of Buying the Rings." (phillips type Screw I'm sure)

So I said OK they are yours to pay for:D then sent My $$ donation to the Guy furnishing the Pistons and Bore job FOR FREE...
(BEER Money we Laughed)

So I see ....Sometimes it is easier Just to TAKE or GIVE and not worry about "too much Stuff"...

signed....BUBBIE

Yeah...I understand what you're saying. I'm so uncomfortable with all this...asking for help is not part of me....pride I guess.
Thanks man.
Ski
Probably....phillips type screw

Probably the Donators and Others who are Pray'n plus Giving Good Thoughts to you ; Cause you are Down...
Think: IF IT WERE THEE.... Who would Help Me?...
Bikers are a Good Hearted Bunch and give freely when the need is there.
Right now, it IS your turn to receive... You are the deserving one...

I do remember another one needing help as his funds were tight on a Low Budget Build... Many Jumped in to help and Most others finding out about the Need also did their best to Give Something if only Good Thoughts n Prayers... He had a tough time with it and I think he still does.
You by Receiving the Help, have the Hardest Part in This...
These Good Feeling tho Are Shared By ALL...Even the ones who read here are Helped in some way...

That is the Way It Works in My Book... SMILE

signed....BUBBIE

Very true. Very philosophical. Lot's of wisdom there. I think the most impressive thing about this is people helping someone who they never met. Really is something.

Very true. Very philosophical. Lot's of wisdom there. I think the most impressive thing about this is people helping someone who they never met. Really is something.

As I said in previous posts, Harley folks are giving people especially here on HDTimeline.

Kudos to you all.:)

The '09 internals are in the box. Use'em, sell'em do what you want but they are coming. If you change your mind, everything from an '09 front suspension is in the box except seals and I would probably replace the bushings but you do what you want; I will never use the parts and they are a nice upgrade to the early cartridge type suspension.

Let me know if the sliders are secured. A donor from another forum has some but I have told him to delay shipping until I am sure the parts are needed.

Today the headlight trim ring and fuel gauge arrived. I feel like a little kid on xmas morning! Nice parts!
Go ahead and send the box. I'm not getting any reply on another guys lower sliders. Whenever you have time, and pick the cheapest shipping. Once you get the cost....I'll get it to you before you ship if needed, via however you choose.
Thank you!
Ski

Back