free website stats program Do you wear a helmet? | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you wear a helmet?

i used to never use a helment untill i watched my buddy crash right in front of me
he had a full face helment on walked away from the crash with the helment broke allmost completly in 2 (now the bike....it was messed up lol) i thought long and hard about his crash......would he have lived through the crash if he had not used the helment?i decided no he would be dead.i like i said he walked away no wheelchair!so yup i use a DOT half helment

No helmet laws here, but I always wear one. Half helmet on short trips, and full face whenever I am picking up speed. Just makes sense to me.

It's the law in TN. Gotten used to it and don't feel comfortable with it off when in states that do not require. 1/2 most of the time, 3/4 w/faceshield when it's cold.

Yes... I wear it on every ride... full face and yellow. I happen to like the color yellow, and it combines well with my blue bike, but liking it had little to do with why I chose that color. I have never been tempted to NOT wear it. If I'll be too hot with it on, then I won't ride. But usually, it's just a matter of sweating a little more than usual. I likewise always wear long denim jeans, armor jacket (mesh, so it breathes really well) and armor gloves. I don't care if I look cool or not... JUST RIDE!

I live in Illinois where helmets aren't required... For me, I wouldn't ride without one. I'd say over 90% of the riders I see here do not wear one and I believe in that choice.

Be safe
Drew

Last edited:
About 95% of the time. I have a carbon fiber skid. I always insist that my wife wears full leathers, gloves, and a helmet; I am not so smart.

In Ohio, no helmet laws here....Im sure Ill take some heat for this, but I was just always raised that when its my time its my time.

Helmet law in this state (MI). I think it is every citizens right to choose. I would never get on a scooter without one firmly strapped to my melon. I like me just the way I am. (i drool enough already).

i agree with doug
i think its the smart thing to do but should be left up to the rider
i don't think the government should make the riders mind up for him/her

Full face, always. This is what I choose. I want Gov to be out of our lives. I would rail against a must wear helmet law as much as I would rail against a law that said I couldn't wear a helmet. I want Governments, Local, State and Fed to leave us alone. Follow the Constitution. I can't find a helmet law in the US Constitution.

Back