free website stats program Do you do the "biker wave" at Sport Bike Riders? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you do the "biker wave" at Sport Bike Riders?

I wave to all of our two wheeled friends. The more two wheeled friends we have, the better. :57:

Ride safe and keep the shiny side up :D

Just a thought on sport bikes, many in this area will just raise the leg instead of the hands due to the configuration of the bike. At first I thought it was a gesture of something else and had a talk with a young man when I caught up with him in a rest stop.

But, he assured me it was in good faith and the reason. I've found out now that was the reason that many call them "squids" because of the rising of the leg. Sort like a squid when they swim..... I've heard of stranger stuff, but I guess it's all good.
Ugly John

I wave to all, don't care what they ride. have had many sport bikers wave to me along with v twinners. I remember telling my wife the day we picked up the bike that i never had so many friends, lol.

After you ride to sturgis for a week or more you wont wave at another bike for the rest of the summer reguardless what their riding

When I bought my first bike, a Honda Scrambler, it became apparent to me after a while that people on Bikes waved to one another so I started doing it. But soon I noticed that guys on Harleys weren't waving back and I figured it must have been because I was on a Metric Bike. Afterwards I bought a Sportster, Soon I too could "snub" the Metric Bikes! That was a long time ago. I now ride a 2003 Ultra and wave to everybody when I can. It is because I don't have this big ego anymore and I just plain feel good while I am riding! It doesn't bother me if nobody waves back. It is how I feel that matters! Ride safe and enjoy!

I wave at everyone. Two fingers down. Very rarely does another biker NOT return the gesture. But, its a safety thing. I'll give a head nod if I am braking or turning or clutching.

Keeping it friendly out there. Alot of people own more than one brand of bike!!!

Ihave never had the privledge to do the wave but plan on doing it alot this year if your on two wheels your ok with me.not everbody can aford a harley. That dosent mean they dont want one .you should be courtious to all,

I wave to all bikers.The only ones I NEVER get a wave back from are the BMW sport touring folks...Haven't got 1 to wave yet,not that my intention of riding is to worry about waving.

Back