free website stats program Do you do the "biker wave" at Sport Bike Riders? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you do the "biker wave" at Sport Bike Riders?

Yeah.... I smile and nod and ride along side scooter folks and smile at them hoping they'll "feel the love". Often times they "scoot away" however, as unfortunately our pipes probably intimidate them etc.... I used to own a Vespa. They're very cool. You're absolutely right! 2 Wheels! It's all good!

I try to wave to everyone, or at least nod to acknowledge their existence. I don't get too mad when people don't wave back or nod because I know when I'm on a bike, I'm not always paying attention to oncoming traffic but immediate traffic... depending on the circumstances. I do wave to moped riders even though they don't wave back, but I do it with a chuckle!!:bigsmiley20::bigsmiley20:

I wave to everyone on a motorcycle regardless of type or manufacturer. The overwhelming majority wave back.

You're right! Courtesy first! I truly do respect all riders. Often times I'll come along side a scooter and smile and their response is varied. Some times they're friendly. Some times nervous. Some times they won't look over at me at all.... It's definitely all "ok" and good! We just have to keep the courtesy going as socalrebel and all of you have stated so eloquently! Right on! Bottom line is .... My husband and I have helped 2 different sport bike riders scrape their bikes off the road this past year in 2 different accidents. Fortunately both riders were fine. Most importantly.... we show them respect and the dignity due. We're all sharing the same space with the same love of "biking".

p.s. we were NOT involved in their accidents :}

always, dont care what you ride! Thats just me though

OOHHHH......Two fingers huh?
maybe my using just the one finger is why they don't wave back?:shock

LOL HAHAHAHA!:bigsmiley20:

Last edited:
I like to be freindly so I wave at everybody, acknowledging the common bond, sometimes feels awful when you know they saw you but didn't wave back. Back in the 80's everyone waved, American made or imported.

I usually will do the "two finger down" wave to just about anyone that have their face in the wind. I don't bother much in town of course, but out on the open rode, it's all good.
Ugly John

Actually I remember reading a story by a moto-journalist, think her name was Jamie Evridge when she started riding in 1989 or so, which solidified my reason for waving (always have since 1980). She was only 1 month or so into riding a small displacement metric, and got caught in the rain without wet weather gear. Cold and wet and cursing to herself how misirable the ride was and almost ready to quit riding motorcycles altogether...when suddenly going the other direction another motorcyclist waved to her. Suddenly she felt better and got the boost she needed to complete the ride with actually a smile on her face. She is now writing for Cruiser (variant of Motorcylist magazine) and probably does not even remember who it was that waved, but it probably was me, or someone like me who rode everyday as my main transportation, so if I can make just one fellow 2 wheeled rider feel better I will do it without question ...'nuff said :57:

I always wave, no matter what kind of bike the other rider has. Most of the times I get the wave back. Yesterday I waved at the guy with some real high monkey bars. I am they were so high that he couldn't take the hands off of them so he just raised his fingers at me. I found it pretty funny. In any case I have to agree with the majority here. Most of the time sport bikes will wave back, v-twins a lot less.

I wave at all Bikers, most Sport Bike Riders do not Wave, I do not care if they do or not, most other Rider will Wave back, if my hands are on the Controls, I will give a Head Nod!

Back