free website stats program Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend.

THUMBS DOWN
Manchester H-D, Manchester, New Hampshire
Meredith H-D, Meredith, New Hampshire

Manchester H-D:
I bought my 1st H-D, a 2004 Sportster in April of '04, and paid over MSRP because I didn't know better. I went back this past fall of 2007 and they wouldn't do any better than a lowball trade offer without looking at the bike. I meticulously maintained that bike myself using the service manual.

Meredith H-D:
Same sorry story of lowballed offer without even looking.

I researched and found dealer invoice information, and traded my bike for $1,700 more than trade-in value at Boston H-D on a '07 Dyna Super Glide at MSRP with security, setup, and freight thrown in. Wicked Deal!
THUMBS UP Boston H-D

They always have a smart answer for a customer instead of doing what is needed and standing behind their work.

Demons cycle in fla. Brought 1-1/4" t-bars bars were made bad. charged me restocking charge would not replace them.

KELLY'S H-D IN BILLERICA MA(long story) i think the American motorcycle may go the way of the Dino:bigsmiley6: if these people don't start treating there customers like the bread and butter that they are

Hey guys,

At the risk of sounding like an old crab, could we keep the chit chat in the specialized threads like this and the self help forum to a minimum or not at all.

They are here to convey peoples experiences with the various dealers, be it good or bad.

Any one looking for info on GOOD or BAD dealers as in this thread has to wade through page after page of chit chat to get anything out of the thread.

It would be most appreciated and the forum would be more functional besides.

Thanks to all

glider

[add info by Speed]
Unrelated comments has been deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
a friend of mine went to hd of frederick md to buy a night train and they completly ignored him. I stopped in there one day when I went out for a ride and had 3 salespeople walk by me several times and didnt even say a word to me. He left there and went to wmspt hd and bought a bike that day. As for me I will never give them my business

I would never recommend Valley Forge HD in Norristown PA to anyone. I bought my 06 Sweet Bob from them (regrettibly) and took it there for the 1000 mile checkup. Not only did they charge me full price like I was some schmoe off the street, but they didn't bother to clean the bike or check the fuel level. When I called to speak with the manager, he was busy at the time. So we set up a day & time to discuss the issue over the phone. Turns out he never called me. At the time I was very upset and was ready to give him hell. I had sent a nasty e-mail to them stating they have no idea how to treat their customers.

The next day, the GM called back explaining that one of his employees was killed test riding a bike and that was the reason he didn't call me at the said time. I immediately became very concerned as I know a couple of guys who work there. He had told me to forget it and proceeded to discuss my complaint. Well, the discussion soon turned into anger and before I knew it, he was yelling at me over the phone. He had accused me of trying to get something for free from him, which was not my intention at all. I simply wanted to discuss the condition and treatment of me and my bike, which I was not pleased with. To keep it short, after this BS fiasco, he called me the next day and asked if we could just forget the whole thing. No apology...nothing.

While I realize this worker who was killed may have been a close friend/relative to the GM and I am truly sorry for their loss, this does not give him the right to release his frustration and anger on me, a customer who just spent over $15k at his dealer for a new bike.

This had happened about 2 1/2 years ago, but I don't think I will ever forget it. Nor will I ever shop there again. I have since been taking my bike to Dean's in Sellersville, PA. Now these guys know how to treat their customers! They are a complete 180 from VF HD. They truly care and follow up with their customers from start to finish. Nothing hidden or no sucker punches trying to be pulled. Just straight up, honest service. I have since spoken with a few other riders about my experience at VF HD and they are surprisingly aware of their problems. It seems that I am not the only one who thinks they are horrible at customer service. While I do not wish failure on anyone, it makes me feel good to know I'm not alone in my opinion.

So, bottom line: if you live in the Philadelphia area, stay away from VF HD and hit Dean's. Thanks.

Took a trip to Connecticut Saturday to pick up a trailer and on my way home decided to stop in at a HD dealership in this state just to see what they were like. I stopped at Gengras Harley-Davidson in East Hartford. It was pouring rain and dealership was not too busy. I walked in and around the whole place twice and never even got a hello. I was gonna buy a shirt and was looking at a chrome cover for my a/c. Needless to say, I just decided to put back the stuff I was gonna buy and walked out. Continuing on back home, I came across
Yankee Harley-Davidson in Bristol, CT . I walked in and shopped around for a few minutes and actually had the owner come up and said hi, shook my hand and we chatted about bikes, weather, customer satisfaction etc. It was a very friendly environment and one that made me feel good about spending my hard earned dollars at. Next time I am up this way, I will make it a point to stop at this dealership. (and maybe check out a few others)

I find that a lot of dealerships in PA are like the first one I visited in CT.
I guess someday when the people who they think need them stop coming in and buying from them, they will realize that they are not important and the customer is. Then again, maybe not. :dknow

Nightmare on Elm Street for some of you guys ! Dang if I aint lucky. I am equal distant 100 miles, from Man O’ War HD in Lexington, Kentucky and Knoxville HD in Tennessee, so depending on which way I travel as to which one I patron, though Tenn does have higher tax. So far no bad experience at either except the contents of my wallet mysteriously evaporates each time I go to either.

Back