free website stats program Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend.

Sad to say, but the countries oldest dealer, A.D. Farrow in Columbus just seemed to be jerking me around. When that happens I just buy from someone eles.

JBK

While on trip to Fort Knox, Kentucky for my son's graduation from basic training, I stopped in at Bluegrass HD. The staff was very friendly and welcoming and I enjoyed my visit with them. Don't know what their service department is like but their sales staff seemed very knowledgable and willing to spend time to chat.

Nightmare on Elm Street for some of you guys ! Dang if I aint lucky. I am equal distant 100 miles, from Man O’ War HD in Lexington, Kentucky and Knoxville HD in Tennessee, so depending on which way I travel as to which one I patron, though Tenn does have higher tax. So far no bad experience at either except the contents of my wallet mysteriously evaporates each time I go to either.
I have also dealt with both. Both have always been nice to me. I even ordered some HD oil and filter from Man O War. Parts guy was top notch.

I dealt with Mcdermotts out of Fort Ann, NY and they have treated me Great in sales and service. They are all friendly. And the owner Tom is an olderfellow that always has a smile and a hello. Stop by and see them.

Last edited:
Biker BOBS Harley in Taylor,Mi . what a joke flat front tire told i would have to leave bike not wait but leave bike:bigsmiley19: im 50 miles from home duh ask why not right away. response is there are 30 people ahead of you.i ask are they stranded NO!(edit) plus they want 200.00 :bigsmiley31: the tire is brand new just need tube retards so i called motor city Harley in Framington hills ,mi 80 bucks to fix luckley old dude seen what was up offered to trailer me and my bike 30miles to MOTORCITY HARLEY great guys:majesty

Last edited by a moderator:
Carolina H-D in Gastonia, NC....they advertise in several magazines as selling at MSRP but that is a lie....they won't put prices on their new bikes so the price is subject to change depending on how much of a sucker you look like. They have no integrity and their cutthroat salespeople will lie, cheat or whatever to get your money and get rid of you.

REPUBLIC HD, STAFFORD, TEXAS.

See my post in "Transmission" called "Upgraded to SE 6-speed: not a happy camper!" if you want the gory details.

Best experience with GEO Cycles down in Angleton, TX.

Trying:

Stubbs HD
Mancuso HD
San Jacinto HD

Will NEVER go back to Republic HD even though they are the closest to the house!!! Goes to show you what happens to Customer Loyalty when it is not a two way street. Over the years, I have spent 10's of thousands of $$ on my bikes at Republic HD. Now those $$s are going somewhere else!!

TQ

Biker Bob's (formerly Motown HD) in Taylor, MI

They are rude and way over MSRP!! :bigsmiley29:

WOULD however, recommend Ben Breece HD in Ottawa, OH -- best prices in the tri-state area and real friendly folks!

I've had bad visit to a Harley Dealer here in Texas. My g/f and I were out for a ride and stopped at Red River Harley in Witchta Falls.. when I saw the building it was brand new looking and had covered parking for the bikes that come in.. How nice I thought.. upon walking we weren't even greeted.. we were looking at bikes, and was looking at a Road King.. salesman walks up and says wanna buy it it's full of gas.. well was a bit taken back with that and it got worse.. the selection of motorclothes wasn't good meaning they didn't keep there bins stocked very well and I had to settle for something I could live with.. which turned out fine. Still no greeting.. I collect dealer shotglasses.. I found those.. yay! My g/f found the big girl sizes all 15 articles of them.. if that! She did find a little something. Went to check out and I set the shotglass down and it rocked like the bottem was curved. I said the salesman.. this one rocks.. he said very rude.. well just get another one!
I did. He should have walked over and got me another one! I filled out the online comment card for the dealership and got a reply from the general manger I told him what happened and he said would take care of it and hopped we would come back.. I told him only way I would visit again is if he wrote back telling me what he had done to correct the problem and he hasn't.

Harlely Dealerships are a home away from home... should be friendly with a no problem attitude!

Back