free website stats program Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend. | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend.

Harley World of OKC. Two weeks wait for your 1,000 mile fluid change. Shredded a tire the other nite and they said they could change a tire on July 22nd, a freaking month wait to change a tire. I got my tire changed at a Suzuki shop, drove up, left the bike at 6 pm as they were closing, they had it ready before 9am the next morning.

Wow a month they must think people are stupid.. i was reading a stealer or ealer link .. nice to know im not the only one who ont like the 3 dealers around here all have a bad rep and one guy says he is sueing for stuff they charged him for but didnt do

Highland H-D Somerset PA

Two years ago my family bought a Harly Eagle for inside my siisy bar. My wife gave the guy the dimesnions of the opening when she ordered it. I went to install it and it was about 3 inches too tall.

I returned to the dealer and showed them the problem. They ordered another one and charged me an additional 15 bucks. I thought there was a difference in materials or styles to account for $$.

When I received the second one and took it home, it was still 1-1/2" too tall. It was exactly the same as the first, but just a couple inches shorter. I looked at my receipt and realized the extra 15 bucks had been for a restocking fee for the order they got wrong, not once, but now a second time.

The second emblem still sits on my work bench. I am waiting for a day when I feel like stopping by the dealer and planting it squarely where it belongs. I am wondering if when the parts guy is walking around, he will appreciate the extra inches.

Las Vegas Harley and Henderson Harley.
Bought my bike and was not told that it had been dropped.
Did a stage one and because the custom map guy wasn't in, I got a general mapping and was told to come back for the custom mapping and pay another 500 bucks.
And my stage one was different than one of my brothers who also got one.
My last service on the VIP was a bike wash. How do I know? because I almost had an accident because I had no break fluid in my rear resevoir. Bone dry. So how many times was my bike in and the did nothing but wash it and put it on the line to send back to me.
Unless your in the right click with HOG, you get nothing out of the experience.
I can go on and on about them.
Here again, if your friend or brother or sister don't work for them, you walk around with someone trying take your money out of your pocket.

Caliente Harley-Davidson, TX
I have to say all my years of riding or doing parts or even from just going to get a new T-shirt i have never had such a bad experience .

they treated my kids and my Wife and even me with a attitude of we were not good enough to be in their shop.

The bad part is i had a blank check in my Pocket for enough to by my bike out right.

was told a price when i asked what it came with, I was looked at like you think you deserve more then just a bike. hell they told me they would put some gas in it when i said how much so i knew what what to expect he told me 1 gal. witch should be enough to get you to the gas station one exit further down the road and in the wrong direction

I left there and went 250miles each way to get my scoot. and had a excellent welcoming etc.. for the wife,kids and myself from Independence Harley in College station TX.

Skagit Harley in Washington. I have been in several times and was only greeted once, and that was to tell me someone would be with me in a minute, which after thirty of them, no one ever showed. There was only one guy in the service department that was friendly. I called about repairs to my bike and was told they couldn't do them, nor did they know who could do them. I emailed them at their site and was never sent a response. They seem to have the MSDS attitude.

Adamec's of orange Park, Fl has to have the nicest sales staff in the business. Very accomodating, and even if you tell them your just looking, they would talk to you about whatever it was you wanted to talk about. They are good people.

Bayside Harley Davidson in Portsmouth, VA.

Bought my Ultra there and the salesman was fine. But when we received the loan certificate (or whatever it's called....the thing the bank/cu sends you that you take to the car/bike dealer that basically states you're approved for X-amount and this certificate is to be given to the dealer to cover the purchase until the actual check is cut/sent to the dealer)......I called the finance department up and they said, nope, gotta have the actual check. Now, I've drove of a few car lots with new cars providing the exact same type of certificate from my cu with absolutely no problems at all, and then they get the check mailed to them within 1-3 days. But Bayside, nope, no go.

I let the finance guy know I was (edit) and he just said to bring the check in when I get it and pick up the bike. About 3 minutes later I get a call from the salesman and he says they're prep'n the bike for when I come to pick it up, but didn't say I could come get it then. When we got the check a few days later we went in and the salesman asks us why we didn't come get the bike the other day????? (EDIT). I told him the story and he said the finance manager spoke to him briefly and that's why he called. I said he didn't make it clear I could come pick it up.

That was the start of my problems at Bayside. I ordered a few parts from them when I bought the bike and had them installed before I picked it up. A few parts had to be backordered. One of these was an extension kit for the tour pak. About a week later, after feeling the heat, I ordered an oil cooler. The oil cooler came in and I had it installed at Bayside, no problem. They then called a few days later and said that the tour pak extension was in. My wife drove down in the cage the next morning in her non-biker clothes and was there about 5 minutes after the dealership opened. She walked in and the Asst. Manager asked if he could help her and she told him she was there to pick up parts. Well, not everyone was in yet, so the asst. mgr decided to help her, but copped an attitude like he was being inconvenienced. He went to the computer, pulled up the parts list and went to get the parts....which should have been the tour pak. He came back, gave my wife an oil cooler (which we had already received and had installed at Bayside). My wife asked if this was all there was since she wanted to make sure, and he (with more attitude) huffed and puffed, looked at the computer and said yes.

To be fair, I didn't make it clear to the better half what she was picking up.....the tour pak extension kit. But this still doesn't account for the asst manager's attitude he gave my wife. Anyway, I called later that day and asked about the extension kit and they said they had it. I went down with the spare oil cooler in hand, and picked up the extension kit. The parts department had no idea they were short an oil cooler, so I could have kept it (didn't pay for it), but I'm not that type so I gave it back to them and told them the story.

We later sent a complaint to Bayside for which we recieved NO reply. I went in for my initial service with them since it was free, and never returned as I said I wouldn't step foot in the place or spend another dime there.

From that point forward we went to Southside HD and received excellent service with no `tude.

Last edited by a moderator:
Montgomery County HD SERVICE DEPARTMENT.
The service manager Dwight is a lying POS that should be fired. The mechanic that worked on my bike for 1000 mile service basically changed the fluids ( never changed the drain plug o-rings) and did nothing else at a cost of $300. and when I asked why the stuff wasn't done, he blew me off saying the mechanic that worked on my bike was let go which was a lie. If you took your bike there for service I would advise you to get a manual and go over bike yourself for your own safety and protection.

Back