free website stats program Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend. | Page 21 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend.

Post your experiences with dealers and what kind of problems you had with them.

Spacecoast HD service (EDIT) . Long story short, I had the misfortune of taking a wreck to these morons. 4 different "mechanics" worked on the bike and it was a simple front end R&R, no frame damage. Between (EDIT) like putting used, unevenly worn pads on brand new rotors to not torquing the caliper bolts on one caliper and misaligning the axle, I wouldn't trust this service Dept to wash my bike... which they did and scratched my windshield.

The service writers were very nice but not too bright. Some of the parts guys are very good and some are just there for a paycheck. Never purchased a bike from there so I have no idea what they're like.

Please read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Called Lonewolf HD today to order a gasket a 3 o-rings to put the cam plate back on and after listening to the automated Karen I chose the parts button and that sent back to the disconnected bussy signal so I called back and this time I was able to cut off the Karen and selected #2 for parts.
That gave me almost 2 minutes of ringing, some guy answered so I asked it this was parts, he said no that he is a Ken in sales and the parts guys are just too busy to answer, so I told him that I can help them out, he asked how so I told him to listen very carefully. And I hung up.

I have worked in parts as well as being a customer buying any item in any store. When a customer is in front of me, he takes priority over a ringing telephone. He has taken the time to be there with money to purchase now. The person calling has invested a few button pushes to interrupt my current sale. When I'm the customer, I ask the person I'm dealing with to "let it ring". It's the old "bird in the hand or in the bush" quandary. I'm NOT defending a Harley shop, just sales in general.

I hear you on looking at it from both sides.
But it was the arragent tone of the sales guys voice, he could have said " Sorry for the long wait for the parts department, if your OK on hold the next rep will be able to help soon or I can take your name and contact info to have them call you back."

I agree. A couple of placating words can change the whole experience. I both loved and hated dealing with customers.

last bike had dealer pick it up,cuz it puked on me.I wait 2 weeks to call,they are up to their arses in work.But alas,no one even know's my bike is there.They do a search and 2 hours later,find it.Then never found out what made it throw 3 codes anyway.The ONLY reason I return,is they are all just as screwed up around here.None are better than another.Constant turnover,never a writer 2 x in a row.Which means,they got problems.

Back