free website stats program Crash - '03 Ultra Classic | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Crash - '03 Ultra Classic

I don't pray, but saw the news report about your accident with the wrong way driver, then came in here and saw your thread. Glad you were able to share your experience with all of us and to know your on your way to recovering. Like to take a ride and buy you lunch sometime. Let us know what your replacement bike will be. Congratulations.

As others have said, sorry to hear about this but glad that you were able to post what happened. Heal up and get back in the saddle.

OK. So I was riding to work the other morning, and this happened:

Wrong-way elderly driver slams into motorcyclist on SW Freeway HOV lane | khou.com Houston

Went to Ben Taub Hospital which is a level 1 trauma hospital. Spent the day and night there and then was released on Tuesday.

I am a bit bruised up and have some stiches closing up the cuts. Road rash on my elbows, knees, and forehead!

Have to do some serious considering about the helmet thing. Who would have thought about a car going the wrong way on the HOV!!

Bike is probably toast. See pix below.

TQ
Geez, I ride the HOV lane from the Eastex Fwy every day myself. I am always watching but in some places your sight is limited in how far ahead you can see. Hope everything comes out ok. How about this Houston weather, weird, huh??

TQ hope things are going better every day for you. Listen to the Docs and take it slow and steady. We are all pulling for a full recovery and that you will be back in the wind soon.

Wow - I've been pretty busy but I don't know how I missed this thread until just now.

TQ, glad you're not any worse but you should have picked a different method to get your "15 minutes of fame!"

Take it easy, listen to your doctors, and I second the motion that a discussion with a lawyer would be an excellent idea.

Back