free website stats program Crash - '03 Ultra Classic | Harley Davidson Forums

Crash - '03 Ultra Classic

TQuentin1

Staff member
OK. So I was riding to work the other morning, and this happened:

Wrong-way elderly driver slams into motorcyclist on SW Freeway HOV lane | khou.com Houston

Went to Ben Taub Hospital which is a level 1 trauma hospital. Spent the day and night there and then was released on Tuesday.

I am a bit bruised up and have some stiches closing up the cuts. Road rash on my elbows, knees, and forehead!

Have to do some serious considering about the helmet thing. Who would have thought about a car going the wrong way on the HOV!!

Bike is probably toast. See pix below.

TQ

Attachments

• Ultra Crash - 1.JPG
    Ultra Crash - 1.JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 239
  • Ultra Crash - 2.JPG
    Ultra Crash - 2.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 231
  • Ultra Crash - 3.JPG
    Ultra Crash - 3.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 208
  • Ultra Crash - 4.JPG
    Ultra Crash - 4.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 199
  • Ultra Crash - 5.JPG
    Ultra Crash - 5.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 196
  • Ultra Crash - 6.JPG
    Ultra Crash - 6.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 200
  • Ultra Crash - 7.JPG
    Ultra Crash - 7.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 185
  • Ultra Crash - 8.JPG
    Ultra Crash - 8.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 178
  • Ultra Crash - 9.JPG
    Ultra Crash - 9.JPG
    180.5 KB · Views: 176
  • Ultra Crash - 10.JPG
    Ultra Crash - 10.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 189
  • Ultra Crash - 11.JPG
    Ultra Crash - 11.JPG
    197 KB · Views: 191
  • Ultra Crash - 12.JPG
    Ultra Crash - 12.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 175
  • Ultra Crash - 13.JPG
    Ultra Crash - 13.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 159
  • Ultra Crash - 14.JPG
    Ultra Crash - 14.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 159
  • Ultra Crash - 15.JPG
    Ultra Crash - 15.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 182
  • Ultra Crash - 16.JPG
    Ultra Crash - 16.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Have already added you to the prayer chain, good luck with your healing

TQ, I am very glad you are alive! Make sure if something happens you go too the hospital immediately and have everything documented. Also in the coming days something else might hurt, it is funny how something aching hides the lesser aches. Here's to a complete and painless (as much as can be) recovery. :s

Glad to hear you are "OK"...somewhat. Watching that video and seeing the possibilities of "what if", you had a someone looking out for you. As He always is of course.

It all makes one think for a brief moment about what we do and why......I said a brief moment.:s

We'll be praying for you brother. Keep us posted...and holler if you need a boatload of bikers down there with spare parts to assist......

We can make that Ultra a Sporty Bob Softail Dyna RKC Ultra Unlimited, year unknown, with all the spare parts we all have.:small3d007:

Now go rest.......soreness is about to set in.

Sorry to hear about your accident, glad you weren't too banged up, it could have been much worse, prayers going your way for a speedy and full recovery.

glad that you are ok. we have alot of that in atlanta and they say in their confused state(or drunk) they get into the fast lanes or all the way over to the left thinking that its the slow lane(if they were on correct side of highway) it would be. i just think you are darn lucky to be alive.
patrick

Back