free website stats program Chaps | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Chaps

It's cool riding in Michigan a lot of the time. I wear mine quite a bit. Usually early in the day, then bag them. They also come in handy in the rain, don't really help much to keep your legs dry, but keep your boots from filling up with water. Look hard enough, you'll find some made in the USA.

My cordura pants are a good compromise. I will wear them over shorts and when I get somewhere I can take them off and walk around in shorts, they are waterproof and also offer good wind and cold protection plus they are tough enough to offer some protection in case of an accident.

I have a good set of chaps, but I gave up wearing them in favor of armored riding pants. Much lighter, cooler ( even have a zip out vent panel) waterproof-ish, and still offer great protection from bugs, rocks and road rash if you come off.

Putting on the chaps up here means that either winter is not far off or thank God it is almost over. I know that I should wear some protection but I just love the way that it feels going down the Hwy 70 + with the wind in your face and the sun shinning down upon you. Tee shirt and jeans for me. On a cool morning maybe a long sleeve.

Alrite fellas,not heard anyone mention draggin jeans,look like an old pair of levis but there lined with Kevlar in the right areas,thighs,butt etc,the places we tend to lose skin,they do mens and womens in diff styles and colours i.e combats,tight fit,loose fit,retail approx £99,but some good deals on flea bay,a few companies are doin them now but draggin seem to be the most popular,worth a try,u get the protection plus the look.

I have a pair of chaps. I have had them a good while. I bought them from a motorcycle supply store that was going out of business. I still think I paid close to $100 for them at sale price.
They have braided seams and good zippers. At the bottom are three snaps. They are easy to put on and off. I have only worn them half a dozen times. I am not getting my moneys worth, but they are comfortable when the weather is cold.
Probably the most important thing to look for in chaps is the zippers. I have seen some that don't look very heavy duty. I had to cut a couple inches off the bottom of mine. That is easy to do with a sharp knife or heavy scissors. It usually does not affect chaps, since they make them long for long legged people.
In the winter I like gloves called gauntlet. The come over the cuff of the jacket and keep cold air from going up the sleeve.

I'd probably wear them more often but I feel like I got two left thumbs when I go to put them on. I let my wife dress me in them LOL. They are just misserable to put on dont you agree?

Have never worn them but was thinking about starting not only for the protection but because the old bones get cold and stiff in the cold.

iv had my walter dyer set for 10+yrs they'r nice when its cold or wet but i always felt kinda wierd to wear them lol

Back