free website stats program Cam and associated parts being installed. | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cam and associated parts being installed.

Yes boring and head work..Don Dorfman is on the other forum you were on...

He bought Dewey's Heads and has long since Improved his own designs...
VERY Popular on that Builders site...

In fairness to HDT, I sent you a PM...:s

signed....BUBBIE

Yes boring and head work..Don Dorfman is on the other forum you were on...

He bought Dewey's Heads and has long since Improved his own designs...
VERY Popular on that Builders site...

In fairness to HDT, I sent you a PM...:s

signed....BUBBIE
Thanks Bubbie. You and Dolt have helped me quite a bit.
I have the bike the way I want it now. I’ll still be adding little do-dads from time to time. When I pay off the bike I may have a big bore kit installed. A 107 would be nice. My Old Kawasaki Voyager was a 107 but my Harley feels like it has more “Get up and Go” than the Voyager.
Thanks again!
Mongo

Sorry it took so long to get this on line but.....
Any way, here it is. My final DYNO Sheet.
Thanks to Bubbie and Dolt for all your help
DYNO.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is more like it and what I would expect to see from you configuration. The 2:1:2 x-pipe did not play well with the 255 cams as evidenced by the pipe change. An exhaust system can make or break a build as your experience clearly illustrates. I expected your numbers to increase but not that dramatically. Glad to see the pipe change paid off.

To say I'm pleased is an understatement. I'll stick with this configuration for a while. Maybe, when I pay off the bike, I'll bump it up to a 107 like you and Bubbie were suggesting.
The thing that I'm so amazed about is the Dyno comparison to a stock 103 that I found in a review. I also was shocked to see that a stock 103 is not much better than a stock 96.
One thing that you may be able help me with. My stage one air filter compared to a K& N filter.
The parts guy was telling me that the K&N filter was just as good. The parts guy mentioned that the K&N filter did not need to be treated with any oil.
I'm looking at the stage one filter and it has almost 4 times as much surface as the K&N filter.
Im just not sure. I went with the OEM stage one filter like I have in the past.
WAP.gif

I like the Max Flow filter element from Zippers; 60% more surface area than the Stage I filter element. My bike is carbureted and the filter media is cotton-gauze; I wash in hot soapy water, blow dry and put it back on the bike; no oil. K&N also offers filter elements with more surface area than the Stage I filter element. However, the Stage I filter element should be good to 100HP; you aren't quite there yet. Installing a filter element that will allow more air flow won't hurt anything but most likely won't help either.

I like the Max Flow filter element from Zippers; 60% more surface area than the Stage I filter element. My bike is carbureted and the filter media is cotton-gauze; I wash in hot soapy water, blow dry and put it back on the bike; no oil. K&N also offers filter elements with more surface area than the Stage I filter element. However, the Stage I filter element should be good to 100HP; you aren't quite there yet. Installing a filter element that will allow more air flow won't hurt anything but most likely won't help either.
How about a radius ed plenum spacer for more air volume? Just thinking about old racing days

How about a radius ed plenum spacer for more air volume? Just thinking about old racing days

More air volume won't help if the heads won't flow the added volume; the plenum doesn't increase the volumetric efficiency of the motor. Mongo will need better cams (SE 255 is still an EPA cam), bigger valves and better flowing ports to bring HP up. A plenum spacer may increase velocity though which won't hurt but I doubt you could see the difference on a dyno without head work. JMHO but don't see any benefit for Mongo to increase air flow with stock heads and the 255 cams.:s

More air volume won't help if the heads won't flow the added volume; the plenum doesn't increase the volumetric efficiency of the motor. Mongo will need better cams (SE 255 is still an EPA cam), bigger valves and better flowing ports to bring HP up. A plenum spacer may increase velocity though which won't hurt but I doubt you could see the difference on a dyno without head work. JMHO but don't see any benefit for Mongo to increase air flow with stock heads and the 255 cams.:s
OOPPS, I thought he had head work done Thanks for clearing that up IMO if he had the time and money I would have done some head work JMO

Would it change the air fuel mix provided by the Dyno tuner?
WAP.gif

Back