free website stats program Cam and associated parts being installed. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cam and associated parts being installed.

You know what cams, SE 255. You suggested the 254's. My riding style is more conducive to the 255's.
I did not get a Dyno sheet. Just got off the phone with the dealer. After 500 miles, I bring the bike in for another tune for peace performance an a print out of the Dyno tune.

Right :s. I can't keep track. I sold a DTT ignition to Bodeen for his build and we were exchanging PMs about his build recently and I asked him if he had a programmable ignition for his build.:small3d015: Getting old is not for sissies.:newsmile058:

I would like to see the chart. I would have expected a bit more TQ from the 255, 100+. HP looks about right, the 255 is not a HP cam. What exhaust are you running?

Right :s. I can't keep track. I sold a DTT ignition to Bodeen for his build and we were exchanging PMs about his build recently and I asked him if he had a programmable ignition for his build.:small3d015: Getting old is not for sissies.:newsmile058:

I would like to see the chart. I would have expected a bit more TQ from the 255, 100+. HP looks about right, the 255 is not a HP cam. What exhaust are you running?

Not to mention the map you already sent me.........:tounge

WAP.gif
jackpot 2/1/2. I'm thinking on going to a D& D 2 into 1.

So what is a typical SE 255 Dyno chart readings for a 96 CI engine?
WAP.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Mongo,

80H/87T is not abnormal. Just depends on the components to the se255 used. Intake and exhaust will change Torque but HP will not advance as much as the Torque curve...

Hey, I'm after Torque and use it in the lower RPM's not a shift at 5500 all the time guy.:D

103 would net 94/100 HP and as much as 100/110T

signed....BUBBIE

Dunno Specs Photo by mongo1958 | Photobucket
WAP.gif

Mongo,

80H/87T is not abnormal. Just depends on the components to the se255 used. Intake and exhaust will change Torque but HP will not advance as much as the Torque curve...

Hey, I'm after Torque and use it in the lower RPM's not a shift at 5500 all the time guy.:D

103 would net 94/100 HP and as much as 100/110T

signed....BUBBIE
so 85.72 HP AND 98.29 torque is pretty good? See the above post link for the Dyno chart.
WAP.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
WAP.gif
jackpot 2/1/2. I'm thinking on going to a D& D 2 into 1.

So what is a typical SE 255 Dyno chart readings for a 96 CI engine?
WAP.gif

You numbers are not that far off but I would have expected the 255, with stock heads and the Jackpot 2/1/2 to break 100TQ; 103 maybe. I have seen stock 96s with SE204 cams, not known for TQ like the 255 break 100TQ regularly. Additionally, you peak TQ is at 3700 rpms which is why I wanted to look at the sheet. The 255, tuned right with the right exhaust, should start make TQ off idle; just curious about the curve.

HP number is about right. The Jackpot pipe is a TQ pipe, like the 255 cams, not a HP generator. I don't think you would see much change in numbers with a pipe change but without seeing the chart, hard to say. The current generation of x-pipes is making numbers close to those of the more popular 2:1 pipes.

Nothing wrong with your numbers but the chart tells the story.

I'm not unhappy with the numbers but if I could get an average set of numbers to compair with my bike, it would give me a warm fuzzy.
The biggest thing that's bugging me now is the heat shield. The OEM heat shield doesn't look right installed onto the Jack pot header pipes.
I like the look of theFat Cats better.
Granted, the way bike is running is very nice but I would like to have it look as good as it runs.
Plus I'm also hoping to get a few more pounds of torque and some HP too.
WAP.gif

I run the FM x-pipe and Jackpot 4" mufflers on an all bore 107" (122TQ/109HP) and run the OEM heat shields; all ceramic coated black satin and look fine. The FM x-pipe is not known to make HP but is a TQ pipe. Don't know if you will pick up TQ with the D&D or if the curve will shift right but expect that you will pick up some HP.

Hard to find comparable numbers because most that install cams also bump displacement. I would leave the exhaust alone and spend the money on going to 103"/107"; that's where that motor will come alive; more displacement and more compression. JMHO.:s

Back