Cam and associated parts being installed.

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Mongo1958, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Mongo1958

Mongo1958 Junior Member

Well, it's been a few months but I'm finally getting the Cam and associated parts installed.
    I am pretty stoked.
    [​IMG]

2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Hope it goes as planned for you with minimal difficulties...
    Be sure to let us know the out come.......:s

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Good deal, hope ALL goes your way:s

4. jack6hd

jack6hd Member

I've been grinning all year from the upgrades I did last winter. Hopefully, yours will exceed your expectations as well.

5. Mongo1958

Mongo1958 Junior Member

Just got a call from the dealer asking about what kind of oil that I want in the primary and engine. The Maintenance manager got on the line and said that he really liked that "nifty little gizmo" in the primary (the Compensaver). He also mentioned that everything in the primary looked great. The bike should be Dyno-tuned sometime this week. I'm hoping all is going well with everything. I plan to ride the bike anywhere and everywhere when I get it back.

6. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Let us know how it turned out Mongo. Also what you had done to it.

7. Mongo1958

Mongo1958 Junior Member

I had new cams/ bearings, tensioners, lifters, push rods, oil pump and a Dino tune job. Also had leaking rocker box seals fixed
    In addition I had the primary cover removed to inspect the compensator with the Compensavor.

First ride review.
    The bike pulls stronger and has a better and wider power band width. It is also quieter.
    The guy that tuned the bike must have moved the red line up because it doesn't cut out where it did before.

Mongo
    [​IMG]

8. dolt

dolt Senior Member Contributor

Details man! What cams? Where's the dyno sheet?:panic

9. Mongo1958

Mongo1958 Junior Member

You know what cams, SE 255. You suggested the 254's. My riding style is more conducive to the 255's.
    I did not get a Dyno sheet. Just got off the phone with the dealer. After 500 miles, I
    bring the bike in for another tune for peace performance an a print out of the Dyno tune.
    [​IMG]

10. Mongo1958

Mongo1958 Junior Member

Ok! I just stopped by the dealer again to pick up the Dyno chart print out. It turns out that the break in period was a mistake.
    They said that the break in period was for new cylinders rings and pistons.
    They just forgot to give me my Dyno chart.
    Any way...
    Peak torque is 98.29 @ 3.7K RPM
    Peak HP is 85.72 @ 5.6K RPM
    [​IMG]