free website stats program Cam and associated parts being installed. | Harley Davidson Forums

Cam and associated parts being installed.

Mongo1958

Well, it's been a few months but I'm finally getting the Cam and associated parts installed.
I am pretty stoked.
WAP.gif

Hope it goes as planned for you with minimal difficulties...
Be sure to let us know the out come.......:s

I've been grinning all year from the upgrades I did last winter. Hopefully, yours will exceed your expectations as well.

Just got a call from the dealer asking about what kind of oil that I want in the primary and engine. The Maintenance manager got on the line and said that he really liked that "nifty little gizmo" in the primary (the Compensaver). He also mentioned that everything in the primary looked great. The bike should be Dyno-tuned sometime this week. I'm hoping all is going well with everything. I plan to ride the bike anywhere and everywhere when I get it back.

Let us know how it turned out Mongo. Also what you had done to it.

I had new cams/ bearings, tensioners, lifters, push rods, oil pump and a Dino tune job. Also had leaking rocker box seals fixed
In addition I had the primary cover removed to inspect the compensator with the Compensavor.

First ride review.
The bike pulls stronger and has a better and wider power band width. It is also quieter.
The guy that tuned the bike must have moved the red line up because it doesn't cut out where it did before.

Mongo
WAP.gif

I had new cams/ bearings, tensioners, lifters, push rods, oil pump and a Dino tune job. Also had leaking rocker box seals fixed. In addition I had the primary cover removed to inspect the compensator with the Compensavor.

First ride review.
The bike pulls stronger and has a better and wider power band width. It is also quieter. The guy that tuned the bike must have moved the red line up because it doesn't cut out where it did before.

Mongo

Details man! What cams? Where's the dyno sheet?:panic

You know what cams, SE 255. You suggested the 254's. My riding style is more conducive to the 255's.
I did not get a Dyno sheet. Just got off the phone with the dealer. After 500 miles, I
bring the bike in for another tune for peace performance an a print out of the Dyno tune.
WAP.gif

Ok! I just stopped by the dealer again to pick up the Dyno chart print out. It turns out that the break in period was a mistake.
They said that the break in period was for new cylinders rings and pistons.
They just forgot to give me my Dyno chart.
Any way...
Peak torque is 98.29 @ 3.7K RPM
Peak HP is 85.72 @ 5.6K RPM
WAP.gif

Back