free website stats program Cam and associated parts being installed. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cam and associated parts being installed.

Was talking to the servicemanager at the Harley dealer.
To have my 69ci punched out to a 103 ci would cost about $1200.
Hmmmmm.
WAP.gif

I'm SURE you could have new pistons and a bigger bore for under that...500$ off the top of my head.

IF interested give Don Dorfman a call and get a price for Bore and new pistons...He does Excellent head work also... Bet you could get Bore 107'' and matching pistons AND head work for under 1200$$$...

signed....BUBBIE

I think you can do a little better, not much, with the dealer this time of year. Many dealerships are slow this time of year and some will offer big bore packages and reduce the labor cost. I think you are in a position to negotiate with the dealer; find out what the labor cost is and see if you can make a deal.

Cylinder bore is about $120 in my neck of the woods from a reputable machine shop; includes boring, honing to fit pistons and gapping rings. Pistons and ring pack will run about $350-$375; gaskets and oil another $50. Don't know what the book says but figure four hours minimum and eight hours maximum; split the difference and call it 6 man hours. At $90 an hour, that's another $540; total would be just under $1100; YMMV depending on man hours and labor cost. Scott Palmer (Hillside Cycles) sells a 107" big bore package, including an S&S cam set for $998; still have the R/R labor cost.

Don't know what Don would charge but agree with Bubbie that he does very good work and is easy to work with.

Headwork will run a minimum of $500 for a basic "street" port; upwards from there depending on what level of work one requires.

Just kicking the idea around. Thanks for the good advice..
WAP.gif

Hey Gang!

Just got my Bike back from the dealer again.
The Fat cats are LOUD! But, they are very effective.
The torque is up and the HP is also up. I'll post the data sheet later.
The bike really kicks ya in the tail when you hit it.
It feels good. The fat cats loooooooook goooooooood too.
Yeah, I guess I took the round about way to get here but at least
I got to try different combinations to find out the one that I like.
I'm very happy with the bike.
Thank you for your help.
WAP.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Gang!

Just got my Bike back from the dealer again.
The Fat cats are LOUD! But, they are very effective.
The torque is up and the HP is also up. I'll post the data sheet later.
The bike really kicks ya in the tail when you hit it.
It feels good. The fat cats loooooooook goooooooood too.
Yeah, I guess I took the round about way to get here but at least
I got to try different combinations to find out the one that I like.
I'm very happy with the bike.
Thank you for your help.
WAP.gif

Excellent!

I'm SURE you could have new pistons and a bigger bore for under that...500$ off the top of my head.

IF interested give Don Dorfman a call and get a price for Bore and new pistons...He does Excellent head work also... Bet you could get Bore 107'' and matching pistons AND head work for under 1200$$$...

signed....BUBBIE
Does he have a web site?:bigsmiley27:

Back