free website stats program Buying New Battery - advice please | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Buying New Battery - advice please

Sorry for being a little late. But for reference I bought a Big Crank ETX-30L battery for my EG at Batterymart. They are made by Deka who makes HD batteries. Same battery as HD without the $180 price. $100 shipped.

HD's battery for my softail is listed as $129, + tax of course! So I saved a little bit, but the Batteries Plus has a 2 year warranty as opposed to HD's 1 year. So far so good we shall see what the future holds

I had an interstate installed in my 2007 883 Sportster last year,lasted 3 monthes.I even had my battery tendor hooked up.Had my cousin Chris whom is a Harley mechanic,at a motorcycle repair shop and said get that piece of junk out of there.Installed the factory battery,no more problems ever since with the battery tendor hooked up.

Not to hijack the thread but I was just told that you should not leave a battery tender hooked up for more than a week at a time. His point was even after the battery was charged the tender was still charging and could damage the battery. I have 3 diff chargers all by diff manufactures- 2 for the bikes and 1 for the boat and I leave them plugged in when the vehicles are not in use I.E. winter. Just looking for opinions.

A true battery tender goes into a float mode once the battery is fully charged. They are designed to be left connected.

A true battery tender goes into a float mode once the battery is fully charged. They are designed to be left connected.

...and that is what Deltron points out in the instruction manual. It should be checked from time to time however to see if the battery or the unit itself is hot.

I have the bad Habbit of playing my music the whole time im cleaning the bike!!! Sunday after cleaning the bike for 4hrs,once i was ready to ride. It would not start!!! Had to put it on the tender for a while till it started!!!!

I have the bad Habbit of playing my music the whole time im cleaning the bike!!! Sunday after cleaning the bike for 4hrs,once i was ready to ride. It would not start!!! Had to put it on the tender for a while till it started!!!!

Maybe you should keep it on the tender while you're cleaning the bike:D

I just replaced the battery on my 2000 low rider 1450. After searching and comparing prices, warranty and cca, I ordered mine from Motorcycle superstore. The warranty was 1 year, which is better than the ones at advance, auto zone and other places PLUS the price was under $100 delivered. Got it on the 3rd day after ordering. Oh, and the cca's? 500. Huge amount.

Back