free website stats program Buying New Battery - advice please | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Buying New Battery - advice please

All the batteries will start the bike, the important part is how long they will last.
A battery that will last for 7 yrs or more is a plus.
If you have to replace your "new/cheaper" battery in a couple of years isn't really a savings.

And if you want that battery to last a battery tender is a must. Plug it in and forget it. If you aren't riding for a week , plug it in.

Drag has just come out with a new premium battery made in the USA has 500 cranking amps... #2113-0322

This looks interesting. Drag book says they are new for 2014. Wonder who makes them?

I looked up the Interstate battery and the picture looked like the terminals where inset (not flush with side of batt.). I surely do not want to put spacers in there!

I'm leaning towards HD battery which I've had good luck with...??

If you have to replace your "new/cheaper" battery in a couple of years isn't really a savings.

And if you have to replace your new/expensive name-brand battery within a couple of years, it's a double whammy!!

But batteries, like oil and spark plugs, are an emotional issue. Folks have their favorite based on their own personal experience and will defend that position adamantly!!

Cheers,

TQ

Keep in mind to check the voltage of your new battery before riding, an under charge will make your charging system work harder:s

Ok, so I didn't get to Batteries Plus until yesterday. Bought the X2-20L for $118 + tax., 2 year replacement warranty and a $10 rebate.
The fit was perfect, identical terminals to the HD. When I cranked her up I was surprised at how quick the engine caught, had to celebrate with a ride out in the country to get gas, 93 octane no ETOH, she purred like a kitten.

On my bike the battery is directly under the seat, so the seat is removed to get to it. The battery fits in very tight, with a vertical mounting, so I pondered for a minute of how to get it out. Aha!, used the machine bolts through a leather strap, screwed then in the terminals a had a handle to pull it out..just wanted to pass that along in case anybody else has a similar situation. :D

Sorry for being a little late. But for reference I bought a Big Crank ETX-30L battery for my EG at Batterymart. They are made by Deka who makes HD batteries. Same battery as HD without the $180 price. $100 shipped.

They are made by Deka who makes HD batteries. Same battery as HD without the $180 price. $100 shipped.
Most retailers of products can have "look alike" items.
We never really know what is inside those products.
Cheaper products sells easier.

I've heard Wal-Mart sells tires that are made a bit cheaper but still carry the same name.
You can never tell with them!

Most retailers of products can have "look alike" items.
We never really know what is inside those products.
Cheaper products sells easier.

I've heard Wal-Mart sells tires that are made a bit cheaper but still carry the same name.
You can never tell with them!

Wal Mart just like Sears contracts with Michellin and East Penn to make batteries and tires to their specs and price them for their customers

Back