free website stats program Buying New Battery - advice please | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Buying New Battery - advice please

I just replaced the battery on my 2000 low rider 1450. After searching and comparing prices, warranty and cca, I ordered mine from Motorcycle superstore. The warranty was 1 year, which is better than the ones at advance, auto zone and other places PLUS the price was under $100 delivered. Got it on the 3rd day after ordering. Oh, and the cca's? 500. Huge amount.

What specific battery did you order?

harley AGM battery is best thing i've ever seen period

defnitely get a high quality AGM and don't bother with a cheapo

you might need a reliable battery on a bike. it's not a big battery to start with. what if you have repair problems and need to crank it ?

I don't know if this is true or not but I have heard the HD batteries are a different spec to deal with vibration. Never any trouble with the HD. Ill save the money somewhere else and not worry.

I don't know if this is true or not but I have heard the HD batteries are a different spec to deal with vibration. Never any trouble with the HD. Ill save the money somewhere else and not worry.

Not true, HD wants you to buy their product

Not to hijack the thread but I was just told that you should not leave a battery tender hooked up for more than a week at a time. His point was even after the battery was charged the tender was still charging and could damage the battery.

The old fashioned "trickle chargers" would charge at 1 amp. All the time. So they could over charge. The newer battery tenders will bring your batt up to full and then stop. Then once in a while it checks and retops it. You can leave them connected all Winter.

Back