free website stats program Buying New Battery - advice please | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Buying New Battery - advice please

I remember in Salt Springs when you cranked that thing up. Don and I looked at each other and said "that battery is about done". I have had good luck with OEM. Next one will be form Batt. Plus. Even if it didnt last as long the savings would make it worth it.

Batties Plus in my 2006 Street Glide...less than HD stock, and a two year warranty. Exact size and better terminals I think.

I remember in Salt Springs when you cranked that thing up. Don and I looked at each other and said "that battery is about done". I have had good luck with OEM. Next one will be form Batt. Plus. Even if it didnt last as long the savings would make it worth it.

Yup it's just about toast. I put it on a trickle Friday for about 1/2 hour and she cranked right up. Strange though I keep it on a tender when I'm not riding, always on a green light.

Thanks everyone for your input. Going to buy a new one this week. Noticed that Batteries Plus has 2 which replace the OEM, both AGM, one is more impact resistant $97, and the other has a 2 year warranty $116. HD lists for $129. Thanks!!

I just replaced mine a few months ago. It was a Harley battery and had lasted just over seven years 40,000+ miles ( I use a Battery Tender in the winter ). I figure the cost per year of use and the reliability of the Harley batteries makes it a good value. It helped that my local dealer also had the batteries on sale all last year.

I've had good luck with the HD battery, going on its 7th season.
Think its time to relace it tho. Always been a fan of the Interstate in
cars/trucks too. Think I will look at HD or Interstate for replacement this year.

P.S. I never put a battery tender on during the riding season & in winter the battery comes out and i use the battery tender 1 day a month.

This one is on it's 6th season and getting unreliable, it's not the first time I have had to charge it.

Thanks to every one again for their advice and comments, off to the battery store today:D

All the batteries will start the bike, the important part is how long they will last.
A battery that will last for 7 yrs or more is a plus.
If you have to replace your "new/cheaper" battery in a couple of years isn't really a savings.

Back