free website stats program Brass in my oil | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Brass in my oil

@ Jack: from the title of your post, I was going to say "you better get the Dr's to check it out"...:s

Hope you get good news from the dealership & are back on the 2-wheeler soon!

Did you notice any more pronounced motor vibration as a result of the crank runout? Maybe it changed over a period of time so little that you never noticed?

Not good to hear this. What’s the mileage?

Lucky to find this at home and not catastrophically on a cross country tour. But then when doing own service and frequent oil changes, this isn’t good luck, this is your good management!

Hope you get your return on investment (ESP) and new motor for $50. May your next lunch with Steve will be at Outback or Olive Garden! :)
Never noticed any vibration or noise,I always check the oil for debris, at 27,200 miles , funny thing is it ran strong and good and was able to ride it to the dealer ship, The tech said it looked like the pistons were sand blasted, once again ESP will come thru:s

Jack. Do you remember I had a post back in April of 2010 when Kemo and I were going for a ride and stopped for fuel and noticed an oil leak on my bike?
Bike never missed a beat. Turned out that the crank had scissored. Replaced under warranty.

On the side note of a rental. Take one. I was reimbursed within 2weeks of sending my claim in to the MOCO when I broke down in New Orleans.

Jack. Do you remember I had a post back in April of 2010 when Kemo and I were going for a ride and stopped for fuel and noticed an oil leak on my bike?
Bike never missed a beat. Turned out that the crank had scissored. Replaced under warranty.

On the side note of a rental. Take one. I was reimbursed within 2weeks of sending my claim in to the MOCO when I broke down in New Orleans.
:s Good point Steve, when I go up there Monday I will get a rental The ESP will pay for it:s

Hmmmmmmmm excellent point. Motivation for the dealership to get your bike fixed asap. I like it.

I've been following this thread and I don't know just what ESP means,I take it to be an extended warranty.Is your bike 6 years old? The reason I ask is that I called HD Friday to inquire about a extended warranty,my bike will be 2 years July 20,they told me that I could buy a 4 year warranty that would expire July 20 2015.Is this how this is supposed to work? Just curious about the length of your warranty.

I've been following this thread and I don't know just what ESP means,I take it to be an extended warranty.Is your bike 6 years old? The reason I ask is that I called HD Friday to inquire about a extended warranty,my bike will be 2 years July 20,they told me that I could buy a 4 year warranty that would expire July 20 2015.Is this how this is supposed to work? Just curious about the length of your warranty.

As long as your bike is under factory warranty, you can purchase the Extended Service Plan plus the tire and rim warranty for a little more.

Back