free website stats program Brass in my oil | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Brass in my oil

Does this mean that you are stuck for a wee while till they get it fixed

Brian

hey Jack could you please take a photo to so we can get a better idea of what it looks like...:D

Of the motor Jack!

Hopefully on Monday when I meet with the ESP guy I will try the Big button on the camera LOL, I am sure the crank took the pump out, there was NO noise I even rode it to the dealer after I changed the oil

Hopefully on Monday when I meet with the ESP guy I will try the Big button on the camera LOL, I am sure the crank took the pump out, there was NO noise I even rode it to the dealer after I changed the oil

Do you think this is a problem a lot of us can look forward to??? Glad I bought the ESP and will renew it when it's time.

Do you think this is a problem a lot of us can look forward to??? Glad I bought the ESP and will renew it when it's time.

Hard to say, I think it was a crank run out issue, I will know more on Monday when I meet the ESP guys and talk with the tech, it ran strong and never made any noise

Hard to say, I think it was a crank run out issue, I will know more on Monday when I meet the ESP guys and talk with the tech, it ran strong and never made any noise

Shows we do have some tough motors. Kind of like the old flathead fords. Those old things sometimes referred to as "chunks" would run no matter what was floating around in the oil.......dirt, beer cans, old used tires, didn't matter they keep chuggin along.

Not good to hear this. What’s the mileage?

Lucky to find this at home and not catastrophically on a cross country tour. But then when doing own service and frequent oil changes, this isn’t good luck, this is your good management!

:s Good point Steve, they will call me in the morning after checking it out, sure would be nice to make my 50 dollar co pay and get a new motor EH:D Free coffee and donuts also, and next time we do lunch it will be Outback or Olive Garden:D

Hope you get your return on investment (ESP) and new motor for $50. May your next lunch with Steve will be at Outback or Olive Garden! :)

Back