free website stats program Brass in my oil | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Brass in my oil

That come from the experience I had with my 08 RG. :D

Funny how the difficult times of your life teach you the most and best lessons. At one time I owned a 1964 XKE Jag. one of if not the most beautiful cars ever designed. Hundreds of hours of thought and wrench turning went into that baby.

I've been following this thread and I don't know just what ESP means,I take it to be an extended warranty.Is your bike 6 years old? The reason I ask is that I called HD Friday to inquire about a extended warranty,my bike will be 2 years July 20,they told me that I could buy a 4 year warranty that would expire July 20 2015.Is this how this is supposed to work? Just curious about the length of your warranty.

ESP is Extended Service Protection, I bought my bob in 08 it was a new bike at the time, I opted for the 7 year warranty they offered at that time it expires in 2015

My extended is up next spring.I think I am going to buy one last extension on it. It will be about 75,000 miles by then so I am still within the mileage for another extension.

My extended is up next spring.I think I am going to buy one last extension on it. It will be about 75,000 miles by then so I am still within the mileage for another extension.

We can re up one more time for a 50 dollar inspection fee, not a bad idea IMO, I have made the ESP pay off on my last 3 bikes, and it will on my BOB:s

I changed my oil a couple of times since buying my bike in 2011. The first time I changed it by draining it completely after warming, I found small pieces of metal in the bottom of my drain tin. Is that normal?
The dealer I bought it from said that the previous owner (who had it from new) did all his own maintenance on it. But the oil that I got out of it was a thick black sludge in the bottom.
I changed it again 2 months ago and it was free of debris and about the same viscosity as the new oil.

I changed my oil a couple of times since buying my bike in 2011. The first time I changed it by draining it completely after warming, I found small pieces of metal in the bottom of my drain tin. Is that normal?
The dealer I bought it from said that the previous owner (who had it from new) did all his own maintenance on it. But the oil that I got out of it was a thick black sludge in the bottom.
I changed it again 2 months ago and it was free of debris and about the same viscosity as the new oil.

Keep an eye on the oil, a bit of grey fuzz on the magnet you should find no big chunks and certainly not brass like I found

Back