free website stats program Bluetooth Compatibility - Anyone know how? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bluetooth Compatibility - Anyone know how?

Don't know if this is what you are askin.
But I had somebody to post this for me.

There is a Harley/Goldwing adapter, It will plug into where a headset goes

I plan on using the back one that would be for the passenger and running into the tourpac

Harley / Goldwing Headset Adapter

c5_1_b.jpg

Then you can get a clear sound bluetooth , this will plug into the adapter. Now you have stereo coming out the headphone jack into a bluetooth device and you can take a bluetooth headset and pair into it.

Amazon.com: NEW Stereo TV Transmitter/Bluetooth Dongle (Special Needs Products): Office Products

311tnnU-3AL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This is a pretty good start, But I want to have the microphone included too... It seems strange to me that I can't get cable adapters to hook up a variety of accessories to the HK sound system... :(

Yeah...that won't do it as it won't let you talk. I have one of those adapters for earbuds. It works great... for earbuds but only is wired to the audio out pins for the headset. What would need to be re-engineered is the Bluetooth cell phone hands-free module that was offered in 06 and discontinued without replacement which did a great job connecting to Bluetooth capable cell phones. If maybe it had another channel allowing it to link to a Bluetooth headset for transmit/receive as well as to the cell phone... I sent a suggestion to HD but I think it probably was circular filed. I can't seem to reach anyone at HK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk V1.12.2

After using the Scala Q2 headsets for some time on my 2000 Electra Glide, I became dependent on this "technology"...I commute to work every day, 25 miles each way. My wife is visually impaired, so getting a hold of me on my cell is a safety issue. The Q2 was a perfect option and worked better than expected (most people couldn't tell I was on my bike @ 60mph), but 2 months ago, I had a house fire that I lost my bike and all my gear, including the Q2's.

Well, I replaced my bike with a 2007 Ultra Classic and I am looking for a solution as you stated in the beginning...Bluetooth integration into the Harley Audio system or some way to connect the two? I looked at J&M's module (Ouch $370 for the Cell Phone/GPS/Radar Integration kit for 1998 & later Harley Ultra # CFRG-HRUC) but they use the VOX system of the HK audio...not impressed with that (but if anyone IS using this system, could you post a review of such, as I cannot find anyone telling the pro's or con's of this system on the Harley). And, as you have seen, just connecting the stereo to the headset without the ability of using the built in intercom or CB seems to be a waste.

I find it hard to believe that there are so few people looking for this solution to keep their communications safe while riding...I have seen the idiot that pops out his flip phone while busting down the highway and trying to have a conversation at 60 mph...

So, if you are riders that want to hear the clear road ahead, power to you, but please don't slam my intentions of keeping in contact with a disabled wife. If you are like me, and want to find a solution, please look around and see if we can find a product that works for us...
Thanks!:bigsmiley4:

So, if you are riders that want to hear the clear road ahead, power to you, but please don't slam my intentions of keeping in contact with a disabled wife. If you are like me, and want to find a solution, please look around and see if we can find a product that works for us...
Thanks!:bigsmiley4:

If you were hard of hearing, and wore hearing aids, I could help you. I have Bluetooth hearing aids that work with my phone. I can answer anytime, riding at a restaurant, and even napping!

BRIAN

I wear a full face flip front helmet which has an integrated bluetooth system it works reasonably well but at high speeds wind noise gets in the way a wee bit however this solution may not be available in your part of the world
Viper rsv 131 is the model that i have and is still the most up to date model from viper

Brian

Actually, I believe I have found the solution. The J&M Audio Bluetooth Dongle JBLU-BHDG08 ($599.99) wired in with the RABH-HRUC harness ($249.99) which would allow use of the Bluetooth headset ($299.99 each) and allow cordless integration of a rider to the HD/HK Advanced Audio system. $1500.00 (plus installation) to eliminate a cord to my helmet and let me talk on my cellphone when I ride? Hmmm... No, I'm thinking not.

I did some more digging and I am pretty sure that the Road Tech™ zūmo GPS Systems ($650 to $800 depending on the model) have the capability to connect and control your Bluetooth enabled phone.

You can see how this would work on page 22 of the owners manual here: http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/downloads/zumo/zumo_665_OM.pdf

I can only assume that as long as you also have Road Tech™ Navigation Interface Module ($150 more) you cold talk and hear over the bike's connected headset.

It looks like J&M is releasing a new bluetooth interface:

J&M Bluetooth Cell-Phone/GPS/Radar Integration 1998-2012 Harley Ultra
# CFBR-HRUC going for $499 shipping in late June.

Still seems a little steep when you can get a two-year old helmet mounted model for less than $200.

Back