free website stats program Bluetooth Compatibility - Anyone know how? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bluetooth Compatibility - Anyone know how?

Let's bump this thread up again and see if anyone may have come up with a solution. I spoke with Iron Cross concerning their Bluetooth installation to the stock HK radio and they told me it was not a cell phone interface. You can get a unit from J&M Audio but it is about $500 and change. The original 76408-06 unit is obsoleted by HD and not available anywhere. I managed to locate one at a Harley Dealership awhile ago but they wanted a ridiculous price (new MSRP) and they wouldn't budge. They knew they were not readily available and could ask pretty much what they wanted, take it or leave it. I am really amazed that, seeing the new bikes have come out with Bluetooth cell phone compatibility, (thereby pretty much eliminating the "you shouldn't be talking on your cell phone while riding" argument against the unit) that they haven't re-offered the old interface for us many riders with pre-2014 touring bikes, or, that some aftermarket company hasn't cloned the old interface. I'm telling you, I really liked that unit when I had my 07 Ultra and kick myself to this day for not taking it out when I swapped bikes.

I have a unit I can sell you for a reasonable price, Jim. You'd need to locate the antenna, and the wiring harness though.

Jim

Let's bump this thread up again and see if anyone may have come up with a solution. I spoke with Iron Cross concerning their Bluetooth installation to the stock HK radio and they told me it was not a cell phone interface. You can get a unit from J&M Audio but it is about $500 and change. The original 76408-06 unit is obsoleted by HD and not available anywhere. I managed to locate one at a Harley Dealership awhile ago but they wanted a ridiculous price (new MSRP) and they wouldn't budge. They knew they were not readily available and could ask pretty much what they wanted, take it or leave it. I am really amazed that, seeing the new bikes have come out with Bluetooth cell phone compatibility, (thereby pretty much eliminating the "you shouldn't be talking on your cell phone while riding" argument against the unit) that they haven't re-offered the old interface for us many riders with pre-2014 touring bikes, or, that some aftermarket company hasn't cloned the old interface. I'm telling you, I really liked that unit when I had my 07 Ultra and kick myself to this day for not taking it out when I swapped bikes.

you still looking for one?

Jim maybe re connect with that dealer that had the unit awhile back. Maybe after they see the dust on it they will drop the price,
But than as my luck goes it wouldn't be compatible with new phones.
I use a product from "Blue Ant" in my truck for hands free phone use.
Maybe they have something that can work.
Or you could upgrade to a new bike. This time of year and into December
might bring discounts to bring down dealer inventory for tax reasons.
I can say the new bike we have is very impressive with the infotainment system only thing I would want to be added is for the wife to be able to hear the navigation than I could have 2 voices telling me where to go.
WAP.gif

Check out SENA on Sierra Electronics web site they have an adapter harness specific to HD, I am trying to get rid of the cords and have full control of all features on my bike. Now with the wife on her own bike I need to go with something wireless. This setup is not cheap but check it out anyway.

hey guys and gals
First off let me begin by explaining why I need bluetooth. I go on call once every 3 weeks and HAVE to be able to answer the phone 24/7. If I can answer my phone it allows me to ride my bike about an hour away from the office in any direction which I could not do if I couldn't without it. Does not allow for long rides but a ride non the less.
I have a Garmin 660LM, Scala Q2 pro, iPhone ( which I can't wait to get rid of) and the Harley / Harman Kardon bluetooth adapter. I would like to stream my music / get directions from the GPS because it holds wwaayyy more music than the MP3 CD, answer my phone and and still use the bike to bike communications from my wife (new rider on her own bike).
I cannot get the GPS to stream music to the HD system at all, I get either bike to bike OR GPS or phone and bike to bike. Seems to me that with the HD HK bluetooth module it should be the one to sort out all the comm issues but I can't seem to get it to function as I think it should. As a side note my old Sony phone / TomTom Rider and the HD system all used to get along just fine. Upgraded (???) and now none get along - go figure.
Anyone else had any success? Or ideas?

Back