free website stats program Bike misses and stumbles | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike misses and stumbles

As you said the original owner changed the CKP a few years ago but it still may be the culprit. Hope this works!

Also a clarification, in my post # 50 I said "vacuum line on the regulator at the M-M induction"......I don't know where I came up with that, maybe I dreamed that??? my bad.

:p Nah, in fact some of the early Delphi induction modules did have a vacuum port

CKP = CPS = crank position sensor which I thought you had checked already. I suppose it could be the CPS going bad but you have never indicated that there was a starting issue which is usually a symptom of a CPS going out. I hope that solves the problem for you; sometimes they just need cleaning.:s

Have you not tried to pull codes from the ECM? Seems to me that would be the first order of business.:coffee

Not showing any codes. I checked by holding in the trip/odometer button and turned ignition switch to on position, went thru all 10 banks. Check engine light is not on either.

Not showing any codes. I checked by holding in the trip/odometer button and turned ignition switch to on position, went thru all 10 banks. Check engine light is not on either.

Tourbox beat me to it; you haven't checked for all codes.:small3d028: Bet a six pack something shows.:coffee

Rode bike for 30 miles, no misses or stumbles. I haven't been able to ride 5 miles without problems! May not be out of the woods but it's looking very good! I am still going to check for codes. Thanks for all the replies.

Back